Post by blackmageheart »

...and here's three more. :D
Mario 3 World 5.pdf
(5.91 MiB) Downloaded 1279 times
Mario 3 World 6.zip
(6.92 MiB) Downloaded 1233 times
Mario 3 World 7.pdf
(4.03 MiB) Downloaded 1177 times

Please note that world 6 has had to be zipped to compress it - the max upload to the board is 7MB...which is also the reason I haven't put world 8 up yet. I am working on shrinking the size now and should be able to post it shortly :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Mario 3 Worlds 1-8 Patterns

Post by blackmageheart »

Here's the last one:
Mario 3 World 8.zip
(6.99 MiB) Downloaded 1163 times
I had to shrink the mesh size in KGChart and compress the pdf to get it on here, so it will be smaller to look at (especially if you're printing it out), however I will host the normal sized pattern pdf on my skydrive for anyone to grab ---

http://cid-adef20f4b8282822.skydrive.li ... px/.Public

--- it'll be in the Stitching patterns folder. Hope I've been able to help!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Lady Aracne
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Lady Aracne »

Thank you so so so so so so so so so much Blackmage!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

bluesbrother
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by bluesbrother »

For the world maps the pattern guide calls for 18ct fabric, how many strands of floss are used for the stitches!! I plan on making all 8 world maps plus one for the opening title!! I recently reinjured my back and am laid up so TONS of time on my hands!! Thanx!!

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Servotron »

bluesbrother wrote:For the world maps the pattern guide calls for 18ct fabric, how many strands of floss are used for the stitches!! I plan on making all 8 world maps plus one for the opening title!! I recently reinjured my back and am laid up so TONS of time on my hands!! Thanx!!
I just use 2 strands of floss for 18 count, you shouldn't need more/less than that.
Image Image Image Image

bluesbrother
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by bluesbrother »

Thanks! for the reply! I'll post pics of them as i do them for anyone who wants to see them!! I might even have my gf show help me create a blog so i can share that and some of my past projects and stuff!! I just finished doing a frog suited mario towel set for my sis!! She LOVED them and im excited to do the world maps!! :grin:

blstormo
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by blstormo »

the patterns are impressive, and im definitely excited to see how they will turn out when stitched!

quick question tho, could you possibly post the original pictures you used to make the patterns with? (for reference)

TMurdock
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by TMurdock »

blstormo wrote:the patterns are impressive, and im definitely excited to see how they will turn out when stitched!

quick question tho, could you possibly post the original pictures you used to make the patterns with? (for reference)
Uhh, I used (1) Paint + (2) VGMaps.com to get these "combined" cross stitch patterns. (I removed Mario, and synchronized the maps by landmarks.) I don't know if I still have the original PNG images (I'll look for them later), as I combined images to make NES World Map in one PNG, SNES World Map in another PNG, and then combined in KG Chart. (The only reason I combined NES and SNES was to give people the option of one or the other -- I do not expect people to actually do "both" in one cross-stitch.)

I'll look and see if I have the originals, but they might be gone for now.

Happy cross-cartography.

TMurdock
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by TMurdock »

blstormo wrote:the patterns are impressive, and im definitely excited to see how they will turn out when stitched!

Hey, I do have them. The attached zip file has the original combined custom .bmp files.
Attachments
Mario 3 Originals.zip
Zip of Mario 3 original pictures
(149.25 KiB) Downloaded 851 times

Greanbeens
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Greanbeens »

Has anyone completed the SNES version of world 1? I need to know if the floss colours are correct. I've recently been burned by KG charts crappy colour selection and don't want to get started only to find the colours are all wrong.