Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Mario 3 Worlds 1-8 Patterns

Post your completed patterns here...
LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: Mario 3 Worlds 1-8 Patterns

Post by LucyInTheSky »

Greanbeens wrote:Has anyone completed the SNES version of world 1? I need to know if the floss colours are correct. I've recently been burned by KG charts crappy colour selection and don't want to get started only to find the colours are all wrong.
When I was picking out colors for the Zelda Waterfall, what I did was take a picture of the actual colors (from the game) and brought DH who is an avid Zelda person. I went to Michaels where they had a zillion colors (I counted :grin: ) and picked out the right colors and just noted what I actually bought on my KG printout
Check out my blog: GorramQuilts.com

LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by LucyInTheSky »

Thank you so much for the patterns and PDFs (since I can look at PDFs at work :grin: :grin: ). I understand how to read the patterns. What confuses me is how to know what size Aida cloth to buy. I know this is using 18 ct, I get all that. My fear is that I'll run out of cloth when I'm 80% of the way through the design.

So for you gurus out there, please help - how do you know you have a big enough Aida fabric piece? And where do you go for bigger ones, since I would imagine everything beyond World 1 would need a huge piece. For Zelda Waterfall, I went to Joanns, found the largest piece they had, got the smallest ct, and still had to count all the way across and down to reassure myself. And I think I would need larger for Worlds 2-8. I feel like I'm missing something obvious!

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

LucyInTheSky wrote:So for you gurus out there, please help - how do you know you have a big enough Aida fabric piece?
A little tip often used is to get the number of stitches / pixels and divide it by the fabric count to get the physical dimensions. For example, you want to do a stitching on 18ct that is 100x100...

pixels / count = measurement
100 / 18 = 5.5"

So, you'd buy something that was a couple or more inches larger than that. Same applies to bigger projects, really.
Always buy a little bigger than what you think you need - it can always be trimmed down and you can save the excess for small projects (depending on the size, of course).
LucyInTheSky wrote:and still had to count all the way across and down to reassure myself.
I always do that about ten times before I stitch, no matter what :D

Hope that helps!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by LucyInTheSky »

blackmageheart wrote:
LucyInTheSky wrote:So for you gurus out there, please help - how do you know you have a big enough Aida fabric piece?
A little tip often used is to get the number of stitches / pixels and divide it by the fabric count to get the physical dimensions. For example, you want to do a stitching on 18ct that is 100x100...

pixels / count = measurement
100 / 18 = 5.5"

So, you'd buy something that was a couple or more inches larger than that. Same applies to bigger projects, really.
Always buy a little bigger than what you think you need - it can always be trimmed down and you can save the excess for small projects (depending on the size, of course).
LucyInTheSky wrote:and still had to count all the way across and down to reassure myself.
I always do that about ten times before I stitch, no matter what :D

Hope that helps!
Yes, it does help, thank you. And I'm glad that someone else counts across. I feel less silly! Where do you find the really big Aida cloth? The biggest I found at Michaels was enough to do the Zelda (with a few mountain pixel rows removed, shhh), but won't give me enough for the Mario Worlds, beyond World 1, I'd assume

LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by LucyInTheSky »

Finally home and DL-ed the .sth files. For the 2 versions of the map, is it possibly to delete the one I don't want to do? I know I can go through and erase it, but anything faster? I'm used to Excel with highlight rows, right click, and delete. Thanks

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

LucyInTheSky wrote:Where do you find the really big Aida cloth?
I buy it by the metre from sellers/shops on Ebay UK. I'm pretty sure someone mentioned buying aida by the yard from somewhere in the US, but I couldn't say where >_>
LucyInTheSky wrote:Finally home and DL-ed the .sth files. For the 2 versions of the map, is it possibly to delete the one I don't want to do? I know I can go through and erase it, but anything faster? I'm used to Excel with highlight rows, right click, and delete. Thanks
Use the selector tool and drag a box around the area you want to keep, then go to Edit > Crop to selection and it should crop to the area you selected with the box.
Do make sure the box is around the part you want to keep before you crop!! :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

im_ur_majesty
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by im_ur_majesty »

Another thing for my ever growing list. Heh, thanks for sharing!

kellysouthpaw
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by kellysouthpaw »

These are awesome! I hope to get to these someday
Current Projects
Super Mario World Mini-Map: SPECIAL (50%)
Game of Mushroom Kingdoms (5%)

Future Projects
Super Mario World Map
SMW Mini-Maps: Yoshi Map, Vanilla Dome, Forest of Illusion, Bowser Map, Star Road

Finished
Epic Mario Through The Ages

stiltbreaker
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by stiltbreaker »

Has anyone taken a close look at World 8 (.pdf)? I think the very edge of the last screenshot has been cut off.

acidMiasma
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by acidMiasma »

stiltbreaker wrote:Has anyone taken a close look at World 8 (.pdf)? I think the very edge of the last screenshot has been cut off.
Seems to be. I would just mirror the other end of it. It's pretty symmetrical. Post some progress pics while you're at it! World 8 is first on my list, when I get around to tackling this.
Image:: Mia
:: This statement is false.