Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Where do you get your supplies?

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
librebel
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: Where do you get your supplies?

Post by librebel »

Didn't know about the email discount, but they've been giving me 1/2 off one item coupons for the next two weeks on my last couple of orders. This has helped greatly in buying pillow bases, tote bags, etc.

nintendophile
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by nintendophile »

riotpatch wrote:
nintendophile wrote:I usually go to Michael's Craft Store for any of my supplies. They have a pretty big selection, and also have a very extensive web site.
http://www.michaels.com
They also offer 40 % off coupons through e-mail, which is quite a plus!

(Nintendophile) :Mario
Word on the coupons.
I don't think I've ever paid full price for anything.
Makes me wonder what the mark up is...
Those 40% off coupons are a God-send! ^_^ The mark-up must be pretty darn high. When I worked in retail (for Hot Topic), we'd have special sales and mark-downs. My manager told me that even after we marked something from $30.00 down to $15.00, THEN down to $5.00, that we were STILL making a profit. lol. It's high-way robbery. lol.

Efrite
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Efrite »

nintendophile wrote: Those 40% off coupons are a God-send! ^_^ The mark-up must be pretty darn high. When I worked in retail (for Hot Topic), we'd have special sales and mark-downs. My manager told me that even after we marked something from $30.00 down to $15.00, THEN down to $5.00, that we were STILL making a profit. lol. It's high-way robbery. lol.
Oh I'm really not surprised..
My spouse works at the Source and the markup on batteries would SCARE you. They pay pennies for batteries. Their packs of 48 batteries were around 25$, marked down to 15$, and marked down again to 7$. Still they made profit.
I'm back! ATK and all that foo..
Please PM Me if you have a Q on a post I made.

lunarjade
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by lunarjade »

I usually go to Michaels but I just moved to a small town that has no crafting stores at all that I've seen. Not even a Michaels. There's a Wal-mart but I'm always a little loathe to go into one of those since I stopped working at one.
I've been on Joanne's online store and it looks absolutely fantastic... but last time I checked they don't ship to Canada... which is a real bummer since they always seem to have the things that I'm having a hard time finding anywhere else.

LiquidKarma
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by LiquidKarma »

I would love to find an on-line, Canadian store that stocks DMC floss. I don't mind going to Michaels but I find their stuff is kind of expensive. If anyone comes across one be sure to post it!!

DMLC
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by DMLC »

Since I'm in Canada -- I order from here!
http://www.crosscanadastitching.com/

Just don't order speciality things like glow in the dark floss-- it can delay your order!!! LOL!!

If I didn't have the glow in the floss on my order I would of had it within 1 -2 weeks.

LiquidKarma
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by LiquidKarma »

That's a great site, DMLC. Do you buy all of your thread from there?

DMLC
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by DMLC »

Yes I order all my DMC thread from there!!
I will order my future bulk orders of Adia there too!! :)

klammyq
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by klammyq »

Does anybody know where to get 18 count fabric in black? I've looked at many of the websites listed in this thread, and haven't found any. The only one I found was on ebay, and it's shipped from the UK (I'm in the States). I wanted to make a pillow from the SNATCHER cross stitch I posted a while back in stiching projects, but need 18 count black for something I want to put on the back. It's for my boyfriend's birthday on Jan 27, so I don't know if I'd have anough time to wait for shipment from abroad, stitch, and put together the pillow......
Current WIPs:
ST:TNG quilt

DMLC
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by DMLC »

They carry 18 Count black fabric here. Its in Canada tho...
http://www.crosscanadastitching.com/sto ... =Aida+18ct

Hope that helps