Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Where do you get your supplies?

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
XstitchStarlette
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Re: Where do you get your supplies?

Post by XstitchStarlette »

Good :D . The cheaper the materials the more you get heh lol.

Draconix
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Draconix »

I went to Hobby Lobby for what I needed to start my pattern. Is 40 cents per floss a good deal?

deborah
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by deborah »

Yes that is a good deal. That is the price where I am at here in Tennessee. I have shopped at hobby lobby and lately I went to Joann's fabric store. Joann's was a few minutes quicker to get to from where I am at. There thread was 39 cents. I haven't shopped online so I don't know about the cost for online.

Nitewing
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Nitewing »

There's finally a Michael's in my city! Grand opening is today. Can't wait!

librebel
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by librebel »

Draconix wrote:I went to Hobby Lobby for what I needed to start my pattern. Is 40 cents per floss a good deal?
That's what it is in Michigan too.

Jesse James Artworks
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Jesse James Artworks »

hobby lobby, michael's and texas art supply in Houston.
Thanks for all the support.
See more of my work and friend me on Facebook ~~>
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002841500725
Website/Blog launching in early 2012.

Icelandic Hitman
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Icelandic Hitman »

http://Sewitall.com.au Now does international orders.

They have a very very large range of Aida, Evenweave and Linen in lots of colours, plus a range of printed Aida and Evenweave. They now also have their Colours of Australia hand-dyed colours range on 14,16,28 and 32 count Aida/Evenweave.

You can order by the Fat Quarter (50x90cm), Fat Half (100x90cm),Long Half (50x180cm) or the Metre (100x180cm)
Thread Tracker for iPhone/iPod touch/iPad: http://touchscreencraft.wordpress.com
Etsy items for sales and charts : http://www.etsy.com/shop/touchscreencraft
DA : http://oziphantom.deviantart.com/

gamerwolff
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by gamerwolff »

Icelandic Hitman wrote:http://Sewitall.com.au Now does international orders.

They have a very very large range of Aida, Evenweave and Linen in lots of colours, plus a range of printed Aida and Evenweave. They now also have their Colours of Australia hand-dyed colours range on 14,16,28 and 32 count Aida/Evenweave.

You can order by the Fat Quarter (50x90cm), Fat Half (100x90cm),Long Half (50x180cm) or the Metre (100x180cm)
Thanks so much for this! I can't wait to try the grip and frame!!!!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Current Projects:
Gifts
CP Quilt Squares

moon_noodles
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by moon_noodles »

LilMissFirefly wrote:To all UK people:

Does anyone know of any actual physical shops that would have a branch in or near London which would sell Aida by the metre?

I don't want to buy it online as I don't want to use my debit card so much and I want to be able to start on my projects asap., and I'm not keen on buying it in the packets because they don't work out as good value for money.

Thanks =)
I realize this is from April. So you might not be looking anymore but there is a crafts shop in Angel, London that sells Aida by the metre. Last time I went in which was early last month they were only selling white but had just worked out a distributor for black and were expecting some in a few weeks. They may have it already. I don't remember there exact prices but they were really cheep. I think it was like 8 pounds (I'm using a US keyboard and can't figure out how to make the pound sign) for a metre. I know they also sell by half metre. They also sell skeins of thread for 29p but they aren't DMC and they only have like 15 different colors. Not a lot of options at all. Its also is a cafe. Its close to Angel Tube station.. But its very small so unless you are in London already I wouldn't make any special trips for it. Its called Ray Stitch, they have a website raystitch.co.uk but I'd visit their website at your own risk. I just tried to access it twice and both times my computer completely locked up and had to be restarted. I don't know if its their website or my computer. But that has never happened before and having it happen twice at that site does make me a bit suspicious so just warning you. Anyway they might be worth checking out and you could always give them a call first. The staff always seemed really friendly but I've only been a few times.
Current WIP:
Bleach! Bleach! Bleach! Bleach!!

Too many patterns not enough time!!

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

In which Servo has a moan

Post by Servotron »

I have really had enough of Across Town Stitching, mentioned at the beginning of this thread. I've made 7 orders from them over the last two years and they've managed to mess up the orders roughly half the time. I've had threads not in the order 2 or 3 times and this time they put the wrong colour in the package. I really don't know if it's worth the savings getting supplies from them.
Image Image Image Image