Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Where do you get your supplies?

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
Sheetaaa
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Where do you get your supplies?

Post by Sheetaaa »

I... don't understand what you mean by "the design washes off", I'm sorry, I'm French and I just can't understand what you mean :blush:

Why do you think it doesn't look like aida cloth? Is it not a simple aida all white, and then you add yourself the lighthouse?

I think my main problem is that I don't even know what "stamped" means, is it when the design is already printed on the aida?

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Servotron »

Sheetaaa wrote:I... don't understand what you mean by "the design washes off", I'm sorry, I'm French and I just can't understand what you mean :blush:

Why do you think it doesn't look like aida cloth? Is it not a simple aida all white, and then you add yourself the lighthouse?

I think my main problem is that I don't even know what "stamped" means, is it when the design is already printed on the aida?
I think the design is printed onto the fabric as little x's which you use to cross stitch.

By "the design washes off" I mean that when you put the bag in a washing machine the printed design would disappear.

Yes, 'stamped' means that the bag would come with the design printed on.
Image Image Image Image

Sheetaaa
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Sheetaaa »

Oh! It always disappear after a trip in the washing machine? :D

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Servotron »

Sheetaaa wrote:Oh! It always disappear after a trip in the washing machine? :D
Yes I believe so.
Image Image Image Image

Sheetaaa
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Sheetaaa »

It's me again! :D

I will buy and wash a stamped bag as soon as I get a precise idea of what I want to stitch on it. Maybe the big Hogwarts crest, or something else... Weeeell I don't know yet!

I had an other question: I see that people on this forum stitch t-shirts. How? Do you buy special t-shirts, or do you stitch directly on normal t-shirts trying to make good little crosses? I think that beginning like that would be a disaster for me, my crosses would look terrible... I was just curious, I'm not going to start a hundred projects within a month! xD

Lainey89
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Lainey89 »

Sheetaaa wrote:It's me again! :D

I will buy and wash a stamped bag as soon as I get a precise idea of what I want to stitch on it. Maybe the big Hogwarts crest, or something else... Weeeell I don't know yet!

I had an other question: I see that people on this forum stitch t-shirts. How? Do you buy special t-shirts, or do you stitch directly on normal t-shirts trying to make good little crosses? I think that beginning like that would be a disaster for me, my crosses would look terrible... I was just curious, I'm not going to start a hundred projects within a month! xD
When I'm stitching on tshirts I use disolvable aida by DMC. It feels like plastic and you just tack it onto the fabric and stitch as normal as it looks exactly like 14ct aida. When finished you just soak the tshirt in warm soapy water and the aida disappears so you can get a shirt like http://magairlin89.deviantart.com/galle ... 4#/d1u14a0

Here's a link to the aida so you know what to look for http://www.sewandso.co.uk/ran2585-0.html

Sheetaaa
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Sheetaaa »

Thaaanks! And the threads are not too far away from the shirt? I mean, when you dissolve the aida, the threads are not really close to the shirt, are they?

Here's what I'd like to stitch on my future bag: http://download.gameblog.fr/images/jeux ... rigins.jpg I think KG Chart will be a problem, since I will have to redo the whole pattern to make it less big... I always see that a lot of people here only use full crosses, but using simple lines and half-crosses permits to gain a lot of space on the aida! Maybe I'll have to invent the pattern myself ;_;

ObiwanKimobi
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by ObiwanKimobi »

Blink190 wrote:I'm not too sure if there are Michael's in Canada though >.>
I'm from Canada and we do have Michael's :) Sometimes you have to stalk the thread you want because they sell out quick but they restock every week :)

sublimelmf
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by sublimelmf »

I almost always buy online from etsy shops or sometimes ebay. Sometimes I go to joann's depending on what I need.

Oragami
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Oragami »

At first I though only Hobby Lobby sold the thread and fabric until I moved and found a Walmart next town over that sells it for cheaper :). Not as many colors, but more than enough for me to take forever picking the ones owed/want