Page 4 of 5

Re: PC Stitch 10

Posted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:14 pm
by Lalina
Woo! I just purchased a copy myself. This is so awesome. :clap:

Re: PC Stitch 10

Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:08 am
by Clarington
I'm so glad I found this thread! I've been wanting PCStitch for awhile but kept talking myself out of it because of the $50 price tag. $20 is so much better :grin:
Thanks kuja.girl!

Re: PC Stitch 10

Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:01 am
by Lord Libidan
Despite being 4 years old, it still works! Thanks kuja!

Re: PC Stitch 10

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:26 am
by Firehawke
Questions about the program...does it require an internet connection to work? I've thought a little about getting it, but I don't have internet at home.

Thanks!

Re: PC Stitch 10

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:06 pm
by blackmageheart
Firehawke wrote:Questions about the program...does it require an internet connection to work? I've thought a little about getting it, but I don't have internet at home.

Thanks!

Only for the mythical updates (of which there hasn't been one in, like, forever). Apart from that, I don't believe it needs internet to work once installed. I've never had any trouble using it when my 'net has gone down, anyway!

Re: PC Stitch 10

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:22 am
by Firehawke
blackmageheart wrote:
Firehawke wrote:Questions about the program...does it require an internet connection to work? I've thought a little about getting it, but I don't have internet at home.

Thanks!

Only for the mythical updates (of which there hasn't been one in, like, forever). Apart from that, I don't believe it needs internet to work once installed. I've never had any trouble using it when my 'net has gone down, anyway!


Thanks!!! May have to give some serious thought into putting this on my birthday/Christmas wishlist!

Re: PC Stitch 10

Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:46 am
by samarin
i was thinking of either getting pc stitch or the paid version on kg chart. cost really isn't an issue for me, its more the quality of the program. i am use to kg chart, and its quirks...but the free version only goes up to 500x500...and my next project will be much larger then that - what is the max size in pc stitch? also, is it easy to use?

Re: PC Stitch 10

Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:09 am
by Lord Libidan
samarin wrote:i was thinking of either getting pc stitch or the paid version on kg chart. cost really isn't an issue for me, its more the quality of the program. i am use to kg chart, and its quirks...but the free version only goes up to 500x500...and my next project will be much larger then that - what is the max size in pc stitch? also, is it easy to use?

Neither paid versions have size limits, and are both very similar.
PC Stitch is slightly less intuitive, but has a few more features.
I have both, and I like KG Chart considerably more. Unless you're doing super crazy stitches you won't use PC Stitch's extra features. However, the major issue I have with PC Stitch are the poor colour picks; they just suck.

Re: PC Stitch 10

Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:10 pm
by samarin
thanks! i picked up pc stitch, can't go wrong for $20, ans i like it for the most part. it seems like pc stitch does a better job with photo-realistic images than the free kg chart. does the paid kg chart have a better color range for dmc? the version i am using only has about 200 colors.

Re: PC Stitch 10

Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:16 pm
by blackmageheart
samarin wrote:thanks! i picked up pc stitch, can't go wrong for $20, ans i like it for the most part. it seems like pc stitch does a better job with photo-realistic images than the free kg chart. does the paid kg chart have a better color range for dmc? the version i am using only has about 200 colors.

Both versions of KGChart use the 447 DMC colours - not sure if the paid one has been updated with the new colours but I believe it has some other threads too. The free one you're using will only let you use up to 214 colours from the palette at once, I don't know about the paid one.