PC Stitch 10

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

PC Stitch 10

Post by kuja.girl »

FYI: PC Stitch 10 is now out.
I ordered it but have not tried it out yet - I'll post a review when I get to it.

In the meantime here's a coupon code: PCS10UPG - The coupon is for upgrading to v.10 for $20.
It says it's for "upgrading" but they "upgrade" by making you purchase and download the new version so it would be worth trying it out on a new purchase as well.
I have been using PC Stitch off and on since version 5 and I really like it. If you can get it for $20 I'd say it's worth it! Let me know if the coupon worked for you.
Last edited by kuja.girl on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |

deborah
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: PC Stitch 10

Post by deborah »

I noticed it had the color with the number of floss in the available list. You can share patterns online. You do a username and password for that. I was looking at the other day. I haven't made a pattern with it yet. I made one pattern with version 9.

kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by kuja.girl »

It looks like they have discontinued the "Pro" version, so all of the "Pro" functions from 9 should be available in PCStitch 10.
I just did a quick "test drive" and here are some of things that standout:
- more undos (claims up to 50 steps)
- better window interface and multiple patterns open at once!
- better color list and selection
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |

Celes_Lionheart
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Celes_Lionheart »

I was just playing with it this morning, they have added a ton of alphabets... Up from 12 to 108! :yahoo:

<3 I love alphabets <3
Working on:
Mini-Swap, Chocobo chart, Mega Man piece
Sewing - 3 different Disappearing 9-Patch quilts
http://celes887.deviantart.com/

natalielowen
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by natalielowen »

So it is only $20 to upgrade with that code?

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

How is the color matching with PC Stitch? I'm using KG Chart now, but when I got a disastrous result after following KGC's suggestions for colors, I've been thinking about switching.
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

Celes_Lionheart
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Celes_Lionheart »

I really like PC Stitch's color matching, so much that when I run a sprite / image through to make a pattern I normally switch out the pallet on kg chart for the one the pc stitch picked.
Imo, kg tends to pick greens a lot, and pc stitch tends to pick purples...

But, maybe some of the more experienced pattern makes have a take ^_^
Working on:
Mini-Swap, Chocobo chart, Mega Man piece
Sewing - 3 different Disappearing 9-Patch quilts
http://celes887.deviantart.com/

rosey175
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by rosey175 »

I've only used KG-Chart because free is free, haha. I'm not always terribly happy with its recommendations so I use it to make the pattern and then do a floss toss with the actual colors when it comes to stitchy time. :D
But I also tweak a pattern down to as few colors as possible. I tend to be a blender and I don't think either program handles that. I do wish KG had the floss brands PC Stitch does.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Celes_Lionheart wrote:I really like PC Stitch's color matching, so much that when I run a sprite / image through to make a pattern I normally switch out the pallet on kg chart for the one the pc stitch picked.
I find that PCStitch is better at more complex images, and KGChart better at sprites (mostly) but I run my images through both and then eyeball everything. I usually end up with a mix of the two plus my own selections :D
Celes_Lionheart wrote:Imo, kg tends to pick greens a lot, and pc stitch tends to pick purples...
This is true, also KG likes blue a lot too :D
rosey175 wrote:I tend to be a blender and I don't think either program handles that.
I use PCStitch Pro 9 and that definitely does do blending. It's just not immediately obvious how :D
rosey175 wrote:I do wish KG had the floss brands PC Stitch does.
The Pro KG is going to include more brands, I think. Don't ask me which ones, though!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

rosey175
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by rosey175 »

blackmageheart wrote:I use PCStitch Pro 9 and that definitely does do blending. It's just not immediately obvious how :D
Haha, I thought about this and then played around in KG to make a "blend" using half stitches or backstitching. Entirely too much work. XD
Celes_Lionheart wrote:Up from 12 to 108!
I just saw this; OMG I love fonts too! Hah, this would make me want Pro versions for sure. Good thing I like making up my own alphabets~ :zelda