Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Introductions

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
Nanna
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Re: Introductions

Post by Nanna »

Hi! I'm Nanna from Finland. My main hobby is making friendship bracelets, but I also do some cross stiching using leftover threads. I also do small sewing projects and I'm learning how to crochet. Recently I found hama/perler beads. I used to play Super Mario games all the time when I was younger, and I still love them. Too bad, I borrowed my super nintedo to someone and never got it back.

MangaPanda
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by MangaPanda »

Hi!

I'm Aoife, I'm 15 and I'm from Dublin. This is my first post!

I wandered across this site about four months ago and have since been revelling in its awesomeness!! Most of the work is so cool!! I would do all projects from games I recognise if I had time, money and the materials.

I mainly cross stitch, I'm teaching myself to embroider and badgering my gran to teach me how to knit properly. I have done a couple of game related projects and I'd send in the pictures if I had a digital camera.
Objection! That was objectionable. - Miles Edgeworth, PWAA

predawn
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by predawn »

Hi! My name is Melissa. I'm 19 and I've been cross stitching since I was 12. This site inspired me to do some game projects, and currently I'm working on the Mario Across the NES Ages pattern. I'm halfway through the frog Mario (I usually start at the center of patterns). I've seen a lot of cool patterns here though, so hopefully I'll be able to do more of them! :tri
Current projects:
Tetris magnets
Celestial Gathering (Dimensions)
???

raindrops23
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by raindrops23 »

Hi I’m Melody and I’m 25.

I actually found the blog a few months ago when I started making video game quilted pillows You can find my work at http://www.flickr.com/photos/willquiltforgames/. I have an etsy shop but I haven’t added anything new to it for a week now since I’m doing a special order and I’m super lazy sometimes. ;-)

I actually cross-stitched when I was younger like when I was 8 or 9, just those projects you can buy as sets. I would go back to it now and then but it was always those sets. I have long since turned unfinished sets thread into friendship bracelets but I was inspired by onechordwonder to start making video game ones. But seriously I don’t know where to start… quilting is so much easier… I think.

Anyways nice to meet you all! Hopefully we can all be friends since we seem to have a lot in common already. :-D

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

raindrops23 wrote:But seriously I don’t know where to start… quilting is so much easier… I think.
boo! if youve cross stitched before its way easy, and you could do some of the patterns posted here super easily...no excuses!

I dig the bubble bobble pillows! well done!
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

raindrops23
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by raindrops23 »

Thanks Johloh fo your vote of confidence. We will see where it will lead me. I think I need to find something I want to xstitch first and then we will be on our way. But seriously I really think quilting is easier. ;-) Though xstitch seems to more portable.

nyssa
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by nyssa »

Hi!
My name's Nikky, I'm 19 and from Adelaide, Australia. I've been cross stitching for ever, but I stumbled across this site a while ago and ever since I've been stitching video game characters, its very addictive. At the moment I'm stitching a Growlithe, I got the pattern from littlemojo's site, and the last thing I stitched before that was a Mario and Luigi bookmark :).
Anyways, just got the courage to join and say hi, so hi!

jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by jelibe »

Hi to everyone who joined recently.
Image http://jelibe-spritegirl.blogspot.com/ Visit my little crafty blog!!

Hinata Kidou
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Hinata Kidou »

Hi, I'm Jai, and I didn't notice we had an Introductions thread before my first post :secret
I'm 20 years old and I'm a frustrated crafter. I've always wanted to sew and cross stitch, but I've never gotten around to doing them, mostly because of my inability to actually go out and find materials. College sucks the life out of me, but I'm way more determined this time around! :club:

Here's to hoping we become good friends and hoping I manage to churn out some projects :D

corbin
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by corbin »

Hi. My names Corbin I live in washington and I work as a picture framer and just recently started cross-stitching; we will see if I ever actually finish one. Most of my time is spent at work or playing video games. Hopefully I will have something more to contribute and can't wait to see what else everyone else has made. :moog
A Stitch is Worth... How much is a stitch worth?