Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Introductions

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
yessamaca
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: Introductions

Post by yessamaca »

Hi! I'm Jessica, 33yrs, originally from Dallas but now living in the Stockholm area in Sweden with my Dutch husband and our two young daughters. I've been stitching since high school but haven't much in the past few years since the first kiddo was born. I have high hopes, though, because now that she's 3 she's started showing some interest herself. She likes to...ahem...help.

Ditto with video games. The hubby and I used to have Mario Galaxy and Zelda marathons. We spent one lovely Christmas break doing nothing but playing Mario Galaxy and watching back episodes of Dr Who for three glorious weeks. This past Christmas, for the first time, we got to play some Mario Kart with the girls. Every morning we'd hear 'PaMa, I wanna see racing!' (PaMa is the 3yr old's way of calling for us both without the hassle of actually saying two separate names.) Can't say no to that!

I'm feeling a bit alone with my craftiness recently. There's no one nearby to share the crafting urge since my buddy moved back home last summer. There are no Michael's or Hobby Lobby here. (Although Hobby Lobby is no longer on my list of places to visit until they get their act together regarding reproductive health.) My fingers are starting to really itch with the desire to stitch but with the younger child still determined to run off with my embroidery scissors/floss/pattern I think I might live out my crafting dreams vicariously through you all, if that's alright.

Oh, I also saw somewhere that starrley lives in Denton! I graduated from TWU in 2004. Please tell me Beth Marie's is still there. My dream is to take my kids for a big scoop of Turtle Torture someday.

Hellfire
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Hellfire »

Hi everyone,
Just noticed this thread so thought I'd as hi.
I'm TJ from Portsmouth, U.K.. I have been cross stitching on and off since I was little as my mother is into it and liked to get us involved. I stopped for a few years when I went to university but have recently started back up again upon the discovery of the amazing patterns on here.
I also have been doing card making (mainly parchment craft) since I was 13. I have a huge list of more crafting goodies I want which fingers crossed I get some for my birthday on Saturday. Unfortunately the local hobbycraft no longer stock any parchment items, luckily I have found it online for a bit cheaper. That means more money to spend on threads for my cross stitches. :D
WIP: Epic Pokemon generation III page 6of 30
Disney Princesses: page 2 of far to many. Lol.
SAL sampler
Disney birth sampler.

ipr88
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by ipr88 »

Hi all!

I'm a stitcher located in Canada, looking to get started on some geeky projects. I haven't done any serious projects in a long time, but the crafting bug his bitten hard and being a massive geek, I want to combine the two. I want to start work on a large-ish Bioshock piece - having a bit of trouble with the pattern and trying to get the colour gradients right. It's being difficult.

I've also talked it over with the boyfriend, and we want to have our first large Christmas tree next year - and we want a videogames/scifi theme, but the medium to be cross-stitched ornaments. I think it'd be cute - little cross stitched Darth Vaders and Marios, etc. (And maybe if I start soon it will actually happen!)

Anyway, I'm so glad to have found this community, and I hope to be an active member!

PrincessWendy
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by PrincessWendy »

Hi there. I'm Wendy. Been cross stitching for years and been counted cross stitching for 4 years. I love it. I have an anxiety disorder with agoraphobia, so it helps calms that down. I love cats, anime, manga, cows, writing, Kingdom Hearts, Japan, J-Rock, K-Pop, Yaoi. I'm also an author. :grin:

~PrincessWendy~

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Welcome to Sprite Stitch!
PrincessWendy wrote:I have an anxiety disorder with agoraphobia, so it helps calms that down.
You're not alone, quite a few of us have anxiety issues. Please feel free to chat with myself (confidentially via PM) or any of the other lovely members here! And enjoy your stitching! :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

phedre
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by phedre »

Hi everyone! My name is Erin and I live in New Orleans, LA. I've only been stitching a few months but I really enjoy it. I'm loving the forums so far and I've already learned so much as far as techniques, etc. It's been really helpful! Also, I'm very inspired by everyone's beautiful work. Someday I hope to take on the epic Pokemon pattern but for right now, I'm stitching a square for the charity quilt and I'm "setting up" (read: can't figure out my scroll frame :P) to start working on Jadely's FFVI Monopoly Board pattern.

Um, otherwise I'm not sure what to say... I work as a counselor at a university. It can be a stressful job but I really love it. My husband and I have been married for 3.5 years now. No kids yet but we do have 3 spoiled rotten grey cats. One of my biggest challenges when I'm stitching is keeping them away from my thread!

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and thank you all for this great community! :wave:
WIPs:
- Okami Square
- Final Fantasy VI Monopoly Board

"I feel the itch. The itch to stitch!"

tehneyrzomb
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by tehneyrzomb »

Hey there!

I'm not a cross stitcher, but I am a hooker! xD
I've been crocheting on and off since I was 13 and finally have decided it's a craft that I love and want to stick with!

Recently I've been working on a graphghan for the Hylian Crest and giant granny square blanket of Link, Nayru, and Din. Yes, I am a Legend of Zelda nerd. :tri
I recently joined some facebook pages for crocheters, but I found that there weren't many gamers like myself. All were older women or mothers or just people who like to crochet. I'm sure the gamers are hiding somewhere! I just need to find them! But anywho, I decided to search the interwebs for other crafty gamers and came across this amazing community and jumped on it.

When I'm not crocheting, I'm usually streaming. Oh the streaming...

The games I am in to are The Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Assassin's Creed, and many more.

I'm hoping to make some crafty friends, so seriously, let's be awesome together and fill the world with nerdy crafts! :link
Current WIPs:
8-bit Link, Nayru, Din Blanket
Hylian Crest Graphghan

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

tehneyrzomb wrote:I'm hoping to make some crafty friends, so seriously, let's be awesome together and fill the world with nerdy crafts! :link
You are definitely in the right place! Welcome!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

damekkodark
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by damekkodark »

Hello everyone!

I`m from Yana from Russia, Rostov-on-Don. I learned cross-stitching in school. Right now I have some time for stuff I like))
It`s nice to find this community, really

MeiTow
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by MeiTow »

Welcome! Glad to see new faces from different parts of the world!