Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Introductions

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
CReese
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Re: Introductions

Post by CReese »

Hi, I'm Cassi from WA. I used to cross stitch a lot when I was younger and just found this site and decided to pick it back up! My husband and I love old school Mario (and really anything from the old Nintendo consoles) and decided we want to decorate our (future - in a year or two) nursery with a Mario theme. I am starting on one of the Mario Through the Ages projects and will probably practice with smaller projects at work on my lunches. I am so excited to see so many great patterns and can't wait until I have a few things going/done so that I can share some pictures.

epobbp
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by epobbp »

Hi peoples! I'm epobbp (or epo) I've been cross stitching for almost 3 years, 2.5 of which have mostly been to this one that I just finished if any of you are Golden Sun fans:
Spoiler
Other than that I've made some Zero Escape bookmarks, an Ava's Demon one, and some Golden Sun bookmarks.

I've known about Sprite Stitch for a while, but I'm really bad about joining things when I first find them <.< >.> I'm obsessed with Zero Escape, it's been my main video game obsession for about 5 years now (overall obsession in general really), but I also really love Golden Sun, Zelda, Eternal Sonata, Ghost Trick, Phoenix Wright...I can go on =P I like to make my own patterns, but I don't draw too well so it's a work in progress. I hope to improve with it, though I find people and color choices pretty challenging ^.^;

I have a cross stitch blog on tumblr http://epostitch.tumblr.com/ where I mostly posted things.

so yeah. Hi people ^.^

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

epobbp wrote:Hi peoples! I'm epobbp (or epo) I've been cross stitching for almost 3 years, 2.5 of which have mostly been to this one that I just finished if any of you are Golden Sun fans:
Spoiler
Other than that I've made some Zero Escape bookmarks, an Ava's Demon one, and some Golden Sun bookmarks.

I've known about Sprite Stitch for a while, but I'm really bad about joining things when I first find them <.< >.> I'm obsessed with Zero Escape, it's been my main video game obsession for about 5 years now (overall obsession in general really), but I also really love Golden Sun, Zelda, Eternal Sonata, Ghost Trick, Phoenix Wright...I can go on =P I like to make my own patterns, but I don't draw too well so it's a work in progress. I hope to improve with it, though I find people and color choices pretty challenging ^.^;

I have a cross stitch blog on tumblr http://epostitch.tumblr.com/ where I mostly posted things.

so yeah. Hi people ^.^
Welcome to Sprite Stitch!

LOVE your project! Is the pattern available online? I just recently finished stitching Wisp for the Child's Play quilt! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15913&start=10#p96508

Can't wait to see what else you have been busy stitching!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

epobbp
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by epobbp »

Firehawke wrote:

LOVE your project! Is the pattern available online? I just recently finished stitching Wisp for the Child's Play quilt! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15913&start=10#p96508

Thanks! ^.^ I have not put the pattern up but I can. I actually stuck in each portrait separately into KG charts so that it would be better for colors. Only problem with the pattern is I know that I changed some colors as I was stitching and didn't update it in the pattern. The main offender being that KGCharts decided that the bottom of the Jupiter Djinn was dark green. I don't remember if I fixed it in the KGcharts pattern nor do I remember what color I used ^.^; So even with the pattern up there might need to be some color changes. That's the only offender I can think of right now. I know my changes for the Wise One were put into the pattern and I don't recall changing much else (but since this was 2.5 years of work...)

I've actually just finished up a second project i had been working on and now don't know what to stitch. I have a couple pattern ideas in mind but planning them out is challenging. Maybe I'll look around the site for stitching to do while I work on my patterns ^.^

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

epobbp wrote:
Firehawke wrote:

Thanks! ^.^ I have not put the pattern up but I can. I actually stuck in each portrait separately into KG charts so that it would be better for colors. Only problem with the pattern is I know that I changed some colors as I was stitching and didn't update it in the pattern. The main offender being that KGCharts decided that the bottom of the Jupiter Djinn was dark green. I don't remember if I fixed it in the KGcharts pattern nor do I remember what color I used ^.^; So even with the pattern up there might need to be some color changes. That's the only offender I can think of right now. I know my changes for the Wise One were put into the pattern and I don't recall changing much else (but since this was 2.5 years of work...)

I've actually just finished up a second project i had been working on and now don't know what to stitch. I have a couple pattern ideas in mind but planning them out is challenging. Maybe I'll look around the site for stitching to do while I work on my patterns ^.^
I end up changes colors and not always noting them, too :P Have fun picking out a new project!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

icedragonj
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by icedragonj »

Hey Epo! The Golden Sun stitch looks great! If you haven't already I would recommend posting about it in the stitching craft projects section as then more people are likely to find it. I remember stitching some of the same images a while ago for my first swap, you can see it here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5993&start=340
The hanging is a cool idea, and I really like how the Djinn came out. :good:
I am known across campus as "The girl who knits in lectures"

epobbp
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by epobbp »

icedragonj wrote:Hey Epo! The Golden Sun stitch looks great! If you haven't already I would recommend posting about it in the stitching craft projects section as then more people are likely to find it. I remember stitching some of the same images a while ago for my first swap, you can see it here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5993&start=340
The hanging is a cool idea, and I really like how the Djinn came out. :good:
THAT IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!! It came out so good! I love Golden Sun so much. Such a wonderful game. And thank you very much! My roommate gave me the idea of a scroll, I wasn't really sure what I was gonna do with it due to it's odd size. I'll be sure to go and post it over in the stitching craft projects later ^.^

gundhalinu
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by gundhalinu »

Hellos! I'm gundhalinu ("gund" is fine) and I'm so happy to find a forum like this. I've been doing cross stitch on and off since middle school (16 years, I think) and just recently picked it up again with the determination to do some Sailor Moon and other anime sprites. I've only ever worked using kits until now but I'm excited to try custom projects.

I'm an electrical engineering student (part time) with a full time job manufacturing medical equipment--ultrasounds, MRI components, etc. I grew up with game consoles and now mostly play PC games. Whenever I had access to a PC and internet, I played all the Sailor Moon SNES games I could get a hold of... through various means. As well as the Tenchi Muyo RPG, Magic Knight Rayearth RPG, Ranma 1/2 (Red Cat Gang), and a sort-of-translated version of the Slayers RPG. If only I still had all the sprite sheets I saved during high school! Ah well.

Nice to meet all of you! I've seen some awesome stuff here so far while lurking.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Welcome to Sprite Stitch, Gund!!!

CarlotCaulk
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by CarlotCaulk »

Hey everyone!
My name is Carlotta and I'm new to this forum :)
I'm excited to join your cozy discussions and I wish everyone some pleasent time of enjoyment while reading and posting here :D
Last edited by CarlotCaulk on Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.