Coming Soon to a Theater Near YOU!

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
gillianms
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: Coming Soon to a Theater Near YOU!

Post by gillianms »

KidArtemis wrote:
biostitch2point0 wrote:I wasn't familiar with Bale's previous Batman movie so maybe that's why.
Yeah, Batman Begins provides a LOT of setup, including introducing all the characters except Dent and Joker. If you enjoyed Dark Knight even a little, you should watch Batman Begins to catch up on all the stuff you missed. I can see how missing it would make the movie much less enjoyable.

I LOVED Iron Man. I think Dark Knight was better, but Iron Man was more "fun". Hulk was also quite good, with a cameo from Iron Man at the end. :) I like how Marvel is starting to build up the concept of their universe in the movies.

Wall-E was amazing. My new favorite Pixar movie, without a doubt.

Indiana Jones.... sigh. I had high hopes, but I was set to walk out of the theater after the fridge scene. I was pleased that it got better after that, but not a huge amount. I'm ok with the aliens, really. After all, the first three never really had a strong foundation in fact. But since seeing it I've rewatched Raiders and Last Crusade and this new one doesn't even come close.

biostitch2point0
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by biostitch2point0 »

Hm, I saw Batman Begins before the latest one but Dark Knight still seemed a little weird to me. I guess it was the end that didn't satisfy for some reason...
I enjoyed the new Indiana, but I do have a prejudice against aliens in movies. :P
I wanna see Hulk even though the last one was pretty awful, imo. I'm glad the comic book people are making the movies now too. I saw a little thing on the History Channel a while ago about the comic book (Oops, I mean graphic novel) industry and their stories, and the writers are so involved and really care what happens. So I hear they got really mad when their characters were getting messed up by some bad movies. This is how Dark Knight, Iron Man, and the new Hulk were born :) yay.

Amanda
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Amanda »

biostitch2point0 wrote:Oh wow! My sister was looking for a good cheap piano but she gave up because of the cost of tuning it every few months or something, plus we don't have much room. :/
Yeah, my husband invested in a $50 tuning kit and is going to try to do it himself...he's tuned other instruments but never pianos, so it's a learning experience for us both. The room factor...can't argue with that, pianos are huge! We have a pretty small 2-bedroom apartment and the piano takes the whole breakfast nook, just about.
"You can buy everything but love, friendship, and experience points." - Earthbound

"Impossible is just a word to let people feel good about themselves when they quit." - Vyse, Skies of Arcadia