Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

March Madness

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
LilliumRyn
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: March Madness

Post by LilliumRyn »

dammit, forgot they were grouped together! lmao! forget Lorelei, i'll take the ghosties; Ghastly, Haunter and Gengar since i assume they'll all be put together :D and the Lapras still :) Also i agree on the 'Sprite Stitch to the Rescue' slogan, it sounds brilliant! it can perhaps be the title of the website if we need one eventually? :D
Current Projects:
Link and Triforce Square = 56% complete.
Kanto Map = 60% complete.
Hetalia sprites for Xmas presents. Other projects will be put on hold until these are done. Shouldn't take long though. :3

Blessed Be
)O(

LilliumRyn
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by LilliumRyn »

faewren wrote: We really need a website for this.
I could learn Basic HTML or something? My fiance is actually a professional web devoloper, but he's usually swamped so i could maybe learn bits from him and make some kind of makeshift site? lol.
Current Projects:
Hetalia sprites for Xmas presents. Other projects will be put on hold until these are done. Shouldn't take long though. :3

Blessed Be
)O(

brityboo
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by brityboo »

faewren wrote:Here's a suggestion on how to do a box (if we're wanting to do backgrounds to make a water to land to sky quilt) - it's the one I'm planning on doing for Pikachu and Raichu.
pikachu raichu.bmp
They're the FireRed LeafGreen sprites, using the background from the FireRed LeafGreen box. The black outline is NOT part of the patch - I just needed a box to put things in.

Ah, that patch looks amazing!

Now I'm even more pumped for this quilt. xD
http://brityboo.wordpress.com/
^- Blog
Current WIP - Lightning Farron (FF 13-2), Sam Winchester Bookmark
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 13 ( re-playing )

IzzyXIII
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by IzzyXIII »

Woah, a lot happened overnight!

So let me just be sure of this - For the pokemon groupings, it doesn't matter what sprites we use?

And for gym leaders/elite 4 (of Gen. 1), we're using the FR/LG sprites?

Could I please have the Agatha/Lance, Blaine/Giovanni, Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite patches? The dragonite line is definitely an all time favorite of mine!

And, could I please have an Eevee/Vaporeon/Jolteon/Flareon patch? I'm willing to do many patches

Also, if anyone wants me to help make them a patch, I'm more than happy to help! Just tell me which sprites and which game, and maybe a background

brityboo
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by brityboo »

I wish we were all decided on what types of backgrounds we really are gunna use for these.

I'd really like to get started on mine.
http://brityboo.wordpress.com/
^- Blog
Current WIP - Lightning Farron (FF 13-2), Sam Winchester Bookmark
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 13 ( re-playing )

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Wow, you guys really got the ball rolling on this! I'd love to help but my stitching pile is so huge I daren't take on any more!
However, you were saying you need a website - I think you would probably be better off with a blog type site, which means no coding, very quick to set up, easy uploads of pictures etc, also easy to update with progress. I also have some graphic design experience that might help too.
I would be happy to set up and manage this for you in my free time, if you'd like, as this is the only way I can think of to contribute to this lovely idea :)
If that's ok, please PM me and we'll work out the details :D

Good stuff everyone! ^^

EDIT: I can also help with patterns, if needed :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Holder of Anime
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Holder of Anime »

could someone make me a charmander evolution pattern?
all three evolutions and say a fire style back ground?

not sure what the specific paramaters for each square are, e.g do you need to show the whole pokemon?

had a quick mess around:

or are you able to change size and such?
e.g

just so you all know i spent all of 30 seconds making these so they are just ideas (poor ideas)
just got a new laptop so dont have photoshop or any stitch programs so to make a pattern thats workable/ usable so thats why these are crap :lol:

LilliumRyn
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by LilliumRyn »

I know how you feel, i dont have photoshop at the moment either. i'm dying to get in and make sprites!! the second one looks awesome because of the way it fills the whole square almost. the first one would be best with a background, so i guess it all comes down to which one people want! they're great either way :D :pika
Current Projects:

Blessed Be
)O(

Holder of Anime
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Holder of Anime »

i think we need to have some guidelines on the pictures.

faewren
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by faewren »

Sorry, I had RP at my house last night and wasn't able to get back on.

For the people we are using FR&LG sprites. As for the backgrounds, let's leave them plain white if that's ok.
For the Pokemon you can use any core game sprite. You don't need to worry about getting all of the Pokemon in the square. Not all of them would fit in a 70x70 square. The fabric is 14 count aida.
The backgrounds I used were the box backgrounds from FR&LG.
These were the three I was thinking of using for the Pokemon. -

[The extension bmp has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

So do we want to go with a Pokemon logo, or do we want Sprite Stitch to the Rescue with the sprite stitch heart?
Oh and don't forget to 'sign' your squares, even if it's just your initials in one corner. If that's ok.
We are the Patchwork Pokemon Gym! Fear our needles for we summon our Pokemon with fabric and floss! And we are AWESOME!!