Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

March Madness

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
faewren
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: March Madness

Post by faewren »

I'm trying to work out how they'll all fit. But yeah that's the idea. I like those squares. But don't be afraid to flip the Pokemon around. (So they're not all facing left.)

Should we use the Pokemon sprites from Black and White? They're the most current. The Gen I gym leaders/elite four/champion might best come from FireRed and LeafGreen.

Or, for fun, we can just claim squares and use whatever sprites we'd like. We'd get a bit more originality if we did that.
We are the Patchwork Pokemon Gym! Fear our needles for we summon our Pokemon with fabric and floss! And we are AWESOME!!

brityboo
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by brityboo »

Those look great!
http://brityboo.wordpress.com/
^- Blog
Current WIP - Lightning Farron (FF 13-2), Sam Winchester Bookmark
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 13 ( re-playing )

faewren
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by faewren »

I have been beating my brains out trying to make all 151 Pokemon, the 8 gym leaders, the elite 4, the champion, and the logo fit on an 8x8 grid. Nothing doing.

So I've bumped it up to a 9x9 square and I've got it. This includes 151 Pokemon, 8 gym leaders, elite 4, Champion/Your trainer, and the Logo.

Here are the ones put together to make it work.
Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan
Jynx/Mr. Mime
Scyther/Pincir
The Legendary Birds
Mewtwo/Mew

Brock/Misty
Lt. Surge/Erika
Sabrina/Koga
Blaine/Giovanni

Lorelei/Bruno
Agatha/Lance

Your Trainer/Champion(rival)

How does that sound?
Also I was thinking of involving possibly 2 other sites for this once the ball is really rolling. The people at Pokemonelite2000.com and the people at Serebii.net. I know the people at P2K would be helpful (they're very nice), and once we have something to show for our work I was thinking of letting Serebii know to spread the word.

What do ya all think?
If you agree to this plan then post which ones you want to do so there aren't duplicates. Oh I have no idea where to get a logo to fit on a 70x70 14 count square. Any ideas?
We are the Patchwork Pokemon Gym! Fear our needles for we summon our Pokemon with fabric and floss! And we are AWESOME!!

brityboo
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by brityboo »

I really like your ideas, there!

As for the logo, I really have no ideas. D;
So as for posting what Gen of things we're going, I'm taking we're talking about first gen to start?

If so, then I call Seal and Dewgong.
Or Ponyta and Rapidash

They are my all time favorites.
Someone will just need to make the patches for me. =3

I could handle both patches, if need be. I'd love to!
^- Blog

LilliumRyn
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by LilliumRyn »

faewren wrote:I have been beating my brains out trying to make all 151 Pokemon, the 8 gym leaders, the elite 4, the champion, and the logo fit on an 8x8 grid. Nothing doing.

So I've bumped it up to a 9x9 square and I've got it. This includes 151 Pokemon, 8 gym leaders, elite 4, Champion/Your trainer, and the Logo.

Here are the ones put together to make it work.
Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan
Jynx/Mr. Mime
Scyther/Pincir
The Legendary Birds
Mewtwo/Mew

Brock/Misty
Lt. Surge/Erika
Sabrina/Koga
Blaine/Giovanni

Lorelei/Bruno
Agatha/Lance

Your Trainer/Champion(rival)

How does that sound?
Also I was thinking of involving possibly 2 other sites for this once the ball is really rolling. The people at Pokemonelite2000.com and the people at Serebii.net. I know the people at P2K would be helpful (they're very nice), and once we have something to show for our work I was thinking of letting Serebii know to spread the word.

What do ya all think?
If you agree to this plan then post which ones you want to do so there aren't duplicates. Oh I have no idea where to get a logo to fit on a 70x70 14 count square. Any ideas?
Sounds absolutely brilliant! I think this as a fantastic idea! we need a designated pattern maker or two! lol. i reckon everyone should pick which ones they want, then we can get the patterns made. i mean i'm willing to try my hand at pattern making, but i doubt they'll be okay X'D
Also, Bulbapedia and Smogon might want to know about it too :D i know a heck of a lot of people on Deviantart who use these sites. we could pick the top sites on google about pokemon and email them to ask, and like Faewren said, once we have a few squares done they'll most likely be more appreciative of the work we're doing and more willing to advertise. i know i wont quit this once i'm in to it, i hate quitting on things. i might leave it for a couple of days if life gets bad like it sometimes does, but i'll go straight back to it! :)
I'm willing to do any Ice/water pokemon really and Loreli. I am calling Lapras though if that's okay :) it is my 'pokemon nickname' among my friends as i've trained one on EVERY game since the original. except B+W :( which is weird for me. lol
Current Projects:
Link and Triforce Square = 56% complete.
Kanto Map = 60% complete.
Hetalia sprites for Xmas presents. Other projects will be put on hold until these are done. Shouldn't take long though. :3

Blessed Be
)O(

Holder of Anime
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Holder of Anime »

hey all :wave:

not been online dsue to the stitch show..(blah, blah)

anyway, id love to help out!!!!!!!!

if you make a pattern and send it to me ill make a square or two!
just let me know
bye

faewren
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by faewren »

Wow, I'm so glad we're all in this. It's gonna be a lot of work but yay! Sprite Stitch to the Rescue.

So the sites that we'll contact for advertising/support/enlisting help are;

Bulbapedia
Serebii.net
Pokemonelite2000.com
Smogon

Any other suggestions?

Thus far the squares taken are;

Brittyboo - Seal and Dugong, Ponyta and Rapidash
LilliumRyn - Lapras, Gastly, Haunter, and Gengar
Holder of Anime - (undecided as of yet, but willing to pitch in)
Faewren - Pikachu and Raichu, Ditto, Champion/Trainer, Mewtwo and Mew

I'll hunt around for a logo. If I can't find it, I'll design a 'Sprite Stitch to the Rescue' patch or something like that. (Hee- I actually like that idea. ^_^)

Oh one other thing - when the quilt gets put together, I was thinking that the people would go on the corners and then the Pokemon be arranged from water to land to sky bottom to top.

I think Spriters Resource has box backgrounds that we could use.
I'm willing to design a few patches.
We really need a website for this.
Last edited by faewren on Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brityboo
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by brityboo »

That sounds really good to me!

I like what you said for the middle, Sprite Stitch to the Rescue. Haha.
^- Blog

Holder of Anime
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Holder of Anime »

well ive not got any stitch programs right now so cant make any patterns but if you wanna send a few ill make one.

i like the look of those that were posted before so just send a random one if you like, any help to get this made and raise money for charity is whats important

faewren
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by faewren »

Here's a suggestion on how to do a box (if we're wanting to do backgrounds to make a water to land to sky quilt) - it's the one I'm planning on doing for Pikachu and Raichu.

[The extension bmp has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

They're the FireRed LeafGreen sprites, using the background from the FireRed LeafGreen box. The black outline is NOT part of the patch - I just needed a box to put things in.