Nanowrimo

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Nanowrimo

Post by RMDC »

Heck yeah we're ready! :D

50,000 words / 30 days / 250 words/page = 6.67 pages per day, typed, double-spaced. WHAT THE HELL AM I THINKING.

I'm RMDC on the FeFiFoMo site, too. :)
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Eliste »

QueenBex wrote:NaNoWriMo 2014!!!

Are we ready!?!
I'm working on it! I'm not going for the 50K again, but I'm hoping I can at least get the thesis chapter I need finished which is 15K plus some other writing on the side like actually getting my blog up to date and stuff like that.

This week I'm trying to prep for it. Been doing a lot of reading and trying to get things off my plate so that I won't have to do them in November.

cirestan
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by cirestan »

It's completely doable.
I did it a couple of years ago. I hit 57000 words. Wrote a completed novel, that I need to do some re-writes on.
Go for it. It doesn't need to be Shakespeare.

My advice?
  • If your story is not flowing freely from your brain onto the paper, jump past any block you have to another section and write that. You can always come back and fill in.
    If you are completely stumped just brain storm directly into your manuscript. You can always copy/paste and delete to work with what you get.
    Aim for as many pages as possible each day for the first week to "bank" some pages. So that 7 page average will drop to 4-5 pages by mid month, and hopefully down to 2-3 by the end of the month.
Visit my Etsy Store "A Stitch 'N' Crime"
https://www.etsy.com/shop/AStitchNCrime

Visit my OTHER Etsy Store "Rescued Art Shop"
https://www.etsy.com/shop/RescuedArtSho ... _shop_menu

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Eliste »

cirestan wrote: My advice?
  • If your story is not flowing freely from your brain onto the paper, jump past any block you have to another section and write that. You can always come back and fill in.
    If you are completely stumped just brain storm directly into your manuscript. You can always copy/paste and delete to work with what you get.
    Aim for as many pages as possible each day for the first week to "bank" some pages. So that 7 page average will drop to 4-5 pages by mid month, and hopefully down to 2-3 by the end of the month.
That is all great advice.

Aside from the first year, I haven't ever actually tried to actually hit the 50K, but I use it for my academic writing. I find the website, the pep talks, the badges, etc just really helpful for spurring me on to actually writing that it works well. Helped a lot last year when I had a lot of papers all due around the same time. This year I've got a chapter due at the end of the month, so its fairly perfect. I'd love to have an extra week to adjust things and edit, but we'll see how it goes. If I can get the first draft out, it will make life a lot easier. It won't be 50K, but if I hit that target, I'll be happy.