Diamond Painting

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
dbrs4me
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Diamond Painting

Post by dbrs4me »

:wiz
Has anyone gotten into diamond painting? It’s a lot like perler beads, but smaller and no ironing required. My wife got me into it and I’m addicted. I did a lot of boxed projects but recently started one that my son would like. It uses the cross stitch floss DMC color pallet. I downloaded the Pokémon Gen 2 pattern from this site and started in it. I’m having a blast, just wondering if anyone else is.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Diamond Painting

Post by Firehawke »

Haven't tried diamond painting yet, but I love the look of it! Good luck with Epic Gen 2...hope you are able to share pics of it here!!!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

dbrs4me
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by dbrs4me »

I thought I shared this before, but must have done something wrong
Attachments
659AE901-D6F1-4536-BB14-FF8790448692.jpeg
659AE901-D6F1-4536-BB14-FF8790448692.jpeg (21.51 KiB) Viewed 13182 times

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Or I could have totally missed it! :P

It's looking fantastic!!!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

dbrs4me
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by dbrs4me »

I am having a lot of fun working on it. I was addicted to the craft really bad at first. Did a lot of canned projects. This one was fun because it's something my kid is really interested in and it's a lot bigger than anything else I've attempted. It could take me well over 6 months to complete. I'm just glad I was able to find a pattern I really wanted to do and I found it on this site!!. I don't know that I'll make any other generations, I asked him what is favorite was and he said 2, so that's the one I picked. I suppose if I get really bored I could do another one. Time will tell. This one will be roughly 25" x 45". It's like using size 10 aida cloth, in case that means anything to anyone. I had to look it up.

mbiogirlumd
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by mbiogirlumd »

I've been wanting to try this, but I haven't seen any boxed projects that really appeal to me at my local craft stores. Got any recommendations for an online source that you like, maybe?

dbrs4me
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by dbrs4me »

I got quite a few of mine on Amazon. I bought my first few kits at hobby lobby. Diamonds Dotz have quite a few options. I’d recommend doing a boxed kit at first just because it has all the instructions and equipment you need. 1” x 2” ziploc bags come in handy, that’s the only thing I ran short on.

dbrs4me
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by dbrs4me »

:yahoo:
Finished the top section of the design. I think it took me a couple of months. I’m really enjoying this.
Attachments
Top section
Top section

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

I love how they pop!

dbrs4me
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by dbrs4me »

So I've made a bit of progress since March. Here is the April 20th update.
Attachments
April_20.jpeg