Help please!

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
Schutzenegger
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Help please!

Post by Schutzenegger »

My heart has been broken.
I was working on the excellent Hyrule Light World map stitch and ran out of what I thought was 415. I go to buy some more. The "real" 415 is very much not the "415" I was using previously.
I've attached an image.
The not-415 is on the left and I've completed many stitches with that color.
The real 415 is on the right.

What color did I use? I really don't want to have to go back and redo all the older stitches and it looks quite nice as is.
Oopsie color on left, real 415 on right.
Oopsie color on left, real 415 on right.
I stink with sizes and color counts. But I DO make a mean Macaroni & Cheese

BadgerSensei
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: Help please!

Post by BadgerSensei »

Yeah. I've had the same problem happen with my with my frog pile cross stitch. I started it while i was in Japan, which does not use DMC thread, so when I got home and finally sorted out all my thread that I had left for that project, I discovered that I didn't have the same exact colors that they had in the kit. At that point it was too late so I had to leave it. The only solution I can think of is having to go through and rip out all those stitches and re-do them. Though that might take a while to do. Another option would be to just stitch over them, but that might look funny. I hope you find a solution. :( I can't think of the color numbers off the top of my head so I'm not too much help there.
Current project:
Epic Pokemon Gen 1 1/30 pages complete

Standby projects:
Ken Ro Kuen
Kinkakuji

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Schutzenegger wrote:My heart has been broken.
I was working on the excellent Hyrule Light World map stitch and ran out of what I thought was 415. I go to buy some more. The "real" 415 is very much not the "415" I was using previously.
I've attached an image.
The not-415 is on the left and I've completed many stitches with that color.
The real 415 is on the right.

What color did I use? I really don't want to have to go back and redo all the older stitches and it looks quite nice as is.IMG_2830.JPG
Hard to tell from a photo, and I don't have my threads to hand right now, but it looks like you may have been using something like 451 or 452. They are grey but they have that sort of pink tone to them.
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Schutzenegger
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Schutzenegger »

I'll run by the store and check those numbers. I wouldn't be surprised if I had a dyslexic moment and got 451.
I stink with sizes and color counts. But I DO make a mean Macaroni & Cheese