Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

What's your guilty gaming pleasure?

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
mbiogirlumd
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

What's your guilty gaming pleasure?

Post by mbiogirlumd »

So we all have games we love that we are glad to talk about endlessly with anyone who will listen, and then of course there are the games that everyone is already playing so its easy to say we like them. But do you play any games that you would have a tough time explaining why you like them, especially to those who already know your preferences? For example, normally I'm a sucker for deep RPGS like Skyrim and Final Fantasy, with a little bit of Harvest Moon stuff mixed in. But right now, I'm really enjoying Disney's Magical Castle 1 and 2 for the 3DS. They are totally beginner RPGs for the elementary and middle school set, but they are so addicting that they are hard to put down!

So what are your guilty pleasures (aka. hidden gems)? Maybe someone else will find them worth checking out!

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: What's your guilty gaming pleasure?

Post by blackmageheart »

Yeah I'm mad for RPGs or anything with puzzles (especially really hard ones) and people generally think I'm into that plus anything with explodeyness so the following might be considered out of character for me, even though I know they aren't!

Just Dance games - I'm a big lady and nobody ever pictures me as a dancer, but when I was younger I was very much into it, still got it now even though I get worn out quickly XD
Space Channel 5 - I'm very muchly not ladylike, and most people assume I don't like anything even remotely girly, but I love Ulala and all her pinkness :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Sheepish
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Sheepish »

The Nancy Drew games are a guilty pleasure of mine. They are totally cheesy, but a lot of fun!

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Sheepish wrote:The Nancy Drew games are a guilty pleasure of mine. They are totally cheesy, but a lot of fun!
I keep looking at them on Steam (I love a good point n click and they keep coming up in my queues etc) - may have to get em!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

mbiogirlumd
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by mbiogirlumd »

Just Dance! I haven't played one of those in years, I may have to try it out again. ^_^

FluffyBunnySlippers
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by FluffyBunnySlippers »

Dance Dance Revolution. Loved these games as a teen and still get them out on occasion. Had to pitch one of my dance pads recently. The down arrow died.

The Uncharted series and the Bioshock games are OOC for me because I don't do shooters and I really don't do first person. First person anything tends to give me a headache, though I was able to play through Thief without too much trouble.
World's No. 1 Emotional Disaster

https://www.facebook.com/infinitestitchings/

LinkIsMyHomeboy
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by LinkIsMyHomeboy »

I really like the Harry Potter games from EA. I know they were generally regarded as terrible games, but I absolutely love them.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

mbiogirlumd wrote:Just Dance! I haven't played one of those in years, I may have to try it out again. ^_^
They have gotten better over the years. The best feature they had was added a couple of years ago - World Dancefloor. They took it out, much to everyone's annoyance, but added it back in for 2017! It's even better now! My favourite ones are "Beat the Boss" where everyone has to do their best, and the dance results take down the Boss's HP lol XD