Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Box

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
PixelArtist
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Box

Post by PixelArtist »

Hey I just was wondering if you guys and girls have a good way to store your threads?
Unfortunately mine are thrown in plastic bag in my closet but I think that there has to be a better way to keep them in place.

Firestarterr
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Box

Post by Firestarterr »

I like these boxes and the little plastic things
Attachments
Embroidery-Floss-Storage.jpg
Embroidery-Floss-Storage.jpg (308.93 KiB) Viewed 4941 times

PixelArtist
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by PixelArtist »

Woooo... where did you get those?

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

I have mine stored similar to Firestarterr! Each of my projects has it's own box and then the thread I'm not currently using are stored the same way in a bigger box in my closet. It's a huge time saver to have them in order (or at least close to being in order :P)

I've gotten my storage boxes at Hobby Lobby and Walmart, but I know that you can also get them online from different craft websites and sites like Amazon. Good luck!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

I have mine in boxes like that, in order of DMC number. Then I have some small office drawers that hold all my duplicates (I have many.)
I also have baskets that are holding the ones I'm currently using! :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

icedragonj
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by icedragonj »

For the budget minded I made boxes like these out of strawberry containers. Not sure how they are packaged in other countries, but here in Aus they are the perfect size. Just hot glue in some dividers to get 4 rows.
boxstr.jpg
I am known across campus as "The girl who knits in lectures"

hadaad
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by hadaad »

Really curious to know where you get those cardstock-looking spools.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Neat!!! The strawberries in my neck of the woods are packaged a bit differently...but I'm going to have to keep my eyes open for similar things!

I'm thinking that the spools came from the local craft department or craft store, maybe online...I'm envious! My usual craft haunts (both off and online) have all switched to plastic, which work just fine...it's just that I'm used to the cardstock ones :P When I saw some on clearance at the craft store, I snatched them all up!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson