Modivation?

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
CitrusOda
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Modivation?

Post by CitrusOda »

Hello,

Lately I've been having difficulties having motivation to make anything, I can only seem to do it if I have a deadline(like a birthday gift).
Do I really enjoy cross stitching, but I just cant seem to get started. :sorry:

I was wondering if anyone has any tips/trick/life hacks to getting inspired/modivated?

Thx
"If we see the moon as they do, then why can we not see the Earth as they do? Hm..." ~ Meowth

carand88
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: Modivation?

Post by carand88 »

when i lose motivation, i usually just go along with it. if there's something taking priority in my mind, then i let it take over. i know my motivation for stitching will come back once i'm done stressing. once i'm ready to start stitching again, though, a good motivator, i have found, is just browsing deviantart and using what images appeal to me.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

I hate when this happens! I tend to call it "crafter's block." When it hits, I tend to put the project aside, and pick up something else (sometimes it's another project in that same craft, or a project from another craft I do, usually it's gaming of one form or another). I also will sometimes try to work on what I am struggling with while having something really good on in the background, like a book on CD I can get lost in, or a movie or TV show marathon (preferably without commercials). If I can really distract part of my brain, I can sometimes get over the stumbling block.

Good luck!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Jennuh
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Jennuh »

I know this doesn't work for everyone but this is one of the reasons why I have multiple projects running. I tend to lose motivation when I have to work through big blocked color sections of just one plain color etc. So I rotate around a little from perler beads, crochet, and cross stitch. I've also started live streaming which helps because my followers really enjoy what I'm working on and love to see progress and I've started making little projects for them for giveaways and it distracts me. :) Just step back from it for a bit and you'll come back.
Image Image Image