Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Question about pricing

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Question about pricing

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

I am looking a really beautiful pattern that I WANT because it reminds me of Harry Potter with the spell books and an owl on it that looks like Hedwig. I know that pricing for patterns is random, and this one is large, I am pretty sure it was 525 stitches square. 22 USD seems like a lot to me for JUST the pattern. I mean the Rizoli kit I bought was 44 and that came with everything you need, even a needle. I am just wondering what are other peoples thoughts on a 22 dollar pattern and it appears to be printed only no PDF?

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Question about pricing

Post by tnitnetny »

Do you have a link to it? That could help us see the actual pattern to see how much work went into it.

ThatGuy
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by ThatGuy »

Jill
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Jill »

Take a look at www.haevenandearthdesigns.com. The pattern is theirs :)
All their patterns are priced like this, but they occasionally do discounts up to 35%.

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

Here's the direct link: http://heavenandearthdesigns.com/index. ... s_id=10187

I agree this picture looks awesome. I wish places would put pictures of actual stitched versions though; I am never sure what it will actually look like. Even the picture they display as stitch-like shows about 80 squares across, but clearly with color variation within each "square". It says the design is 525 x 612 though, woah! Huuuge. Good luck if you tackle it, 57 (or 80 :shock: ) pages should keep you busy!

And, that site does have the PDF available if you prefer. I personally always look at my patterns on my computer, i even scan in ones that aren't digital, so i can blow them up to like 300% :)

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

Sorry all, I had totally forgotten I asked this question lol. Here is a link to the pattern itself. It is similar to the one that was posted by one of you already, and by the same person I think, but it's not that one. http://gryphonsmoon.com/SEW-1900.item

It would certainly keep me busy for a long time and as I have other projects right now, it would likely end up sitting for a while before I actually got to it. I have my currently unfinished quilt square that is taking priority atm so that it is finished for next year, my projects for my mini swap partner, a stitch I bought to fill a space in my living room wall, which is AWESOME, and another WIP that has been sitting since around November of last year, that I REALLY want to finish.

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

I would say yes, that is definitely a $22 pattern. This is because they drew the art as well as converted it into a pattern. But I agree that I would want to see a finished project and not just the artist rendering to see how it looks as a Cross Stitch.

Ensign Eddie
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Ensign Eddie »

It looks like you can get it in PDF form directly from HED: http://heavenandearthdesigns.com/index. ... ts_id=9013