Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Stitching issues

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
loafoftoast
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Stitching issues

Post by loafoftoast »

So I just wanted to reach out and see if anybody else has noticed this issue that I've been having lately.

I bought a piece of 28 count even weave last week and started working on my first tiny little project on non-aida and I've been noticing that half of my stitches have been disappearing under the cloth! I've been doing it "over 1" as they call it, because if I'm gonna use such a high count I'm gonna use it to it's hugest advantage, gorramit! I'm using a single thread, but doing what I'm calling 1.5 thread stitching, cause I've been having to do three halves for each X instead of just the normal two. It's driving me nuts. Completely nuts. :banghead:

Has anybody else run in to this, or have a fix for it? Cause I'd really like to move past 18 count and into some teeny tiny stuff to do my giant ideas slightly easier but if this is something I'm gonna be running into constantly, I shall just have to suck it up and stick to what I'm used to.

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Re: Stitching issues

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

I have a project that I started late last year, and is currently on hold for a bit, but it is also on 28 ct. evenweave. I am also going over 1 as you are. I have not had the disappearing thread issue though. I am using 1 thread doubled up (the needle is taken to the middle of the thread), and even with half or 3/4 stitches, am not having any issues. It might seem like a lot of thread through a small hole, but unless you're doing backstitch too, it really isn't. I can take a close-up picture if you want to see how it looks.

Hellfire
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Stitching issues

Post by Hellfire »

I am working my Disney princesses on a 28 count evenweave, using 1 thread, and stitching over 1 as well. You're not the only one to find disappearing stitches, I have found occasionally part of my cross will disappear under the fabric instead of sitting where it should be. If this happens I tend to undo that stitch and just change which hole I go through (still keeping the crosses facing the same way). I find its because the fabric isn't as held together as aids generally is, if that makes sense.
WIP: Epic Pokemon generation III page 6of 30
Disney Princesses: page 2 of far to many. Lol.
SAL sampler
Disney birth sampler.