Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

The New Sprite Stitch Pattern Wiki Thread

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

The New Sprite Stitch Pattern Wiki Thread

Post by Servotron »

Use this thread to talk about the new wiki page.

Questions/offers to help can be addressed to funkymonkey, who has taken over the running of the new wiki.
Since this thread went cold, I started a new pattern wiki: http://spritestitch.wikia.com/

I have started working on a list of patterns that were in the old wiki, so others can help convert them to new wiki pages. It does take some time for me to compile the details for these though, so unless this is useful, I'll just continue creating the actual new pages rather than the list of pages to create. Does that make sense? haha. http://spritestitch.wikia.com/wiki/Patt ... e_old_Wiki

If you would like to help, check out the how-to post, and grab rows from the top of the list I posted above. If these pages get made, I'll keep working on this list. Otherwise, I'll keep cranking through pages :)
Image Image Image Image

icedragonj
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: The New Sprite Stitch Pattern Wiki Thread

Post by icedragonj »

I am starting to get the hang of making pages, so if anyone has questions feel free to message me as well, it can be a bit confusing at first.
I am known across campus as "The girl who knits in lectures"

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

I still am planning on making a checklist of patterns. It's been a hectic week and my phone has been a bit sulky to do it recently. I'm hoping to take my lappy to a WiFi hotshot on Wednesday :)
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

icedragonj
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by icedragonj »

I was wondering, should we set up a framework for adding non-cross-stitch patterns? Should there be sub-categories under pattern such as cross-stitch, knitting, pearler beads? Or is this unnecessary as the patterns are just colours in a grid that can be applied to a few different crafts? As the vast majority of the patterns on the forums are cross-stitch (or grid based), should we just add extra categories if needed for other crafts (such as amigurumi)?
I am known across campus as "The girl who knits in lectures"

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

Certainly perler bead and cross stitch patterns are interchangeable, so I wouldn't bother distinguishing on those. Something completely different, like amigurumi, I agree should use all the normal categories, but also have the category "Amigurumi", and/or "Knitting" or "Crochet" if we care to distinguish.

Aegidia
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Aegidia »

icedragonj wrote:I was wondering, should we set up a framework for adding non-cross-stitch patterns? Should there be sub-categories under pattern such as cross-stitch, knitting, pearler beads? Or is this unnecessary as the patterns are just colours in a grid that can be applied to a few different crafts? As the vast majority of the patterns on the forums are cross-stitch (or grid based), should we just add extra categories if needed for other crafts (such as amigurumi)?
Since knit stitches are not square, a cross-stitch or perler bead pattern would not translate well to knitting (intarsia or stranded) and vice versa, so I would use different categories for those.

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

QueenBex wrote:I'm hoping to take my lappy to a WiFi hotshot on Wednesday :)
So anyway, this didn't happen.
My laptop decided to be a b**** today.
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

Right after volunteering to do work, s*** got real at school. Now I think it'll be at least another week before I can get started. Sorry! :blush: :cry:
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

SunkistShiek
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by SunkistShiek »

There's a pattern that I was about to import (the Four Swords Stained Glass viewtopic.php?f=7&t=469 ), but didn't because I believe it's from LOZ: Minish Cap. Would everyone be ok if I put under that instead of Four Swords?
WIP
Link's Sword (4/30); SAL Sampler; Adult Size Monster Pants (knitting)
ImageImageImage

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

RMDC: totally ok! it'll always be here :)

SunkistShiek: Sounds good. I didn't vet any of the details, just pulled what was on the old wiki, so definitely make corrections as appropriate.

Thanks for your help!