Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

The New Sprite Stitch Pattern Wiki Thread

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: The New Sprite Stitch Pattern Wiki Thread

Post by funkymonkey »

glmagalhaes wrote:Since the game is for Xbox 360 wouldn't the category "Xbox 360" fits better instead of the name of the online service?
Thanks for your help! With this particular one I could see it going either way; yes the system is 360, but if you want to play the game, you download through Xbox Live, not a disc. So, either (or both) would be fine.

In other news, you folks were busy while I was away! Cleared out the prepped patterns list. So, here's another dose for you: http://spritestitch.wikia.com/wiki/Patt ... e_old_Wiki

Clarington
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Clarington »

I just noticed that the Patterns navigation button on the blog is still pointing to the old wikispaces site. I'm not sure who has the power to change that so I thought I'd just make a mention here :)
I'm gettin' bloggy: http://craftscapades.com/

nintandrew
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by nintandrew »

Just posting to say the "Patterns ready to convert into wiki pages" have been finished, and topic URLs for the remaining patterns that need additional work have been added. Most of them seem to come from Servotron's old pattern lists and are from around 2011. There's some catching up to do once they're done!

Link to the list is: http://spritestitch.wikia.com/wiki/Patt ... e_old_Wiki
Eyup

nintandrew
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by nintandrew »

Looking through the list, I'm wondering if there's a plan for topics with multiple patterns. For example, Disney princesses can all be in one post with a Disney category and a category for each princess, or each pattern can be a separate page. Other similar examples are Futurama Characters, Sailor Moon Patterns, and Sailor Moon Characters
Eyup

icedragonj
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by icedragonj »

nintandrew wrote:Looking through the list, I'm wondering if there's a plan for topics with multiple patterns. For example, Disney princesses can all be in one post with a Disney category and a category for each princess, or each pattern can be a separate page. Other similar examples are Futurama Characters, Sailor Moon Patterns, and Sailor Moon Characters
I think it is better to post as a single pattern if they are similar enough and in the same thread. And then add categories for all the characers. Also, as each disney princess category will be in the disney category, it is probably unnecessary to add the disney category to the pattern. Does that make sense?

I haven't had much time to help lately... Looks like progress is being made though. Thank you!
I am known across campus as "The girl who knits in lectures"

nintandrew
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by nintandrew »

So I got the Disney Princess Sprites page up.

Tagging for the Wiki is pretty rough and I have concerns. First, I made a category for each princess, except Cinderella, who's category was for the film and not the character. It brought up the question of what to do for multiple topics that may have the same name, such as Cinderella the movie and character, or Mulan. I can imagine something similar happening for characters of the same name from different properties. I'm guessing the categories will just contain both and are tagged for them as well. Maybe there's a way to organize the entries on the category page, but I haven't looked into it.

Anyway, thoughts on this are appreciated. I think I'm going to try to do a page a day for a bit; this one took a while though after counting all the stitches and colors.
Eyup

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

nintandrew wrote: It brought up the question of what to do for multiple topics that may have the same name, such as Cinderella the movie and character, or Mulan. I can imagine something similar happening for characters of the same name from different properties. I'm guessing the categories will just contain both and are tagged for them as well.
I would think the categories would contain both. If not, it seems logical to make the category for the movie and add any relevant patterns to that, including the titular character.

If I get some free time soon I will give you a hand!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

SunkistShiek
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by SunkistShiek »

Hey guys! It's been a long time since I've put a pattern up. Could someone tell me the way we're going about putting patterns up? The list has changed to "Patterns that need work before becoming wikis". What needs to be done with these? And how do I go about getting more to put in? I've got a few hours every week that I'd like to dedicate to this, and since it's been awhile, I just need a refresher on our plan of action.

Thanks so much!
WIP
Link's Sword (4/30); SAL Sampler; Adult Size Monster Pants (knitting)
ImageImageImage

SunkistShiek
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by SunkistShiek »

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2594&hilit=trust+me ... the+doctor

Does anyone have access to the .pdf of this? I know that StitchPlease has it, but if anyone else happens to, I'd like to put it in the wiki. Thanks!

Edit: If there's no accessible .pdf, could someone with KG chart look at the .sth file "Trust Me I'm The Doctor" and tell me the size? stitches wide x stitches tall
WIP
Link's Sword (4/30); SAL Sampler; Adult Size Monster Pants (knitting)
ImageImageImage

Clarington
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Clarington »

Here are the black & white and colour PDFs. The stitch count is 336w x 500h.
Trust_Me_I'm_The_Doctor_bw.pdf
(3.29 MiB) Downloaded 637 times
Trust_Me_I'm_The_Doctor_colour.pdf
(5.57 MiB) Downloaded 619 times
I'm gettin' bloggy: http://craftscapades.com/