Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Shingorengeki from DA is now selling patterns :O

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
Lalina
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Shingorengeki from DA is now selling patterns :O

Post by Lalina »

I rarely browse Deviant Art but I decided to check back on the page of one of my favourite artists today. She makes intricate pieces based off of video game art and movie stills. Her work amazes me and inpired me to stitch more (even though I tend to stick to good ol' 8 bit and 16 bit video game patterns. I just realized that she is now selling patterns on Etsy. I don't know how my wallet is going to survive this discovery

DA Page: http://shingorengeki.deviantart.com/

Example of the artist's work: Lucifer from Castlevania
Spoiler
Link to the Vincent Valentine pattern that needs to be in my posession: https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/2126874 ... ch-pattern

Aaaaaahhh I'm busy browsing through the Deviant Art page instead of being productive at work.

P.S. The artist was pretty nice and had posted an FAQ about how she makes her patterns. I was never able to create a pattern as nice as her's but here's the link in case any of you feel inspired to try. I found it interesting to read about someone else's process. I could never stitch someone that large by simply looking at a zoomed-in image but the process definitely works for her.
http://shingorengeki.deviantart.com/jou ... -298180515
Current Projects:
- Game of Thrones/Mario World Mash-up (cross-stitch)

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Shingorengeki from DA is now selling patterns :O

Post by Kareesh »

I love her work. She actually liked something I had posted and I just about died. If my "to do" list wasn't so long, I would probably succumb and buy one of her patterns.
~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

I'm a big fan too. I squee whenever she likes something on dA, and I have her as a friend on Facebook so I follow what she does. I think it's great she's getting patterns out there!
Lalina wrote:I could never stitch someone that large by simply looking at a zoomed-in image but the process definitely works for her.
I used to do it like that but now I'm too used to the pattern programs, although I do sometimes still do it for small items. :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Lalina
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Lalina »

I don't know if I'd be able to compose myself properly if I was interacting with her on a social network. I've got a feeling that I'd too shy to give an intelligent response @_@

As for pattern making, I used to draw symbols on graph paper before I learned about cross-stitch software when I joined this forum. Random blocks of colours on a screen are my enemy
Current Projects:
- Game of Thrones/Mario World Mash-up (cross-stitch)

BooChocoBoom
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by BooChocoBoom »

OMG, pretties! *grabby hands*
Lalina wrote:As for pattern making, I used to draw symbols on graph paper before I learned about cross-stitch software when I joined this forum.
Same here! Old school!
Current projects:
Leftover swap gifts
HP House Scarves
Secret of Mana charity square
Vid game advent calendar