Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Color Help!

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Color Help!

Post by Kareesh »

Okay, so I'm working on a cross stitch of Belle and Beast dancing. Here's the image I'm using:

The problem I'm having is with the Beast's jacket. Those darn blues....The dark one I'm using is 820. I really like the look of it, however the other colors aren't as easy to match. The middle one is 797 and the brightest one is 995. I'm okay with 995, but I'm having huge difficulties with that medium color. When stitched, it looks waaaay too dull. I think it needs to be brighter, especially when it's next to 820 and 995, but I honestly can't come up with another color that looks good. I'm willing to change 995, and I would almost be willing to change 820 if someone can come up with 3 other colors that look better.

Here's a picture of the actual stitching to show you what I'm talking about Not the best but it does show how the 797 doesn't really fit in. And in person, it's not the rich blue like in the source material.
~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Re: Color Help!

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

Hmm.. Out of curiosity, I put the picture into KG Chart, and it shows the color you're currently stitching as 995 should be 820, the medium blue should be 311, and the darker blue should be 3750. It actually looks about right too honestly. Maybe try those?

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

Hrm....820 is pretty dark, but I'll look into those. I never thought about going darker. Thank you!
~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

YW! Hope that they help!