Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

POLL: What is your favourite reason to craft?

Forum and Craft Related Topics...

What is your favourite reason to craft?

Charity (Child's Play, etc.)
3%
A Sprite Stitch challenge
5%
Other challenge
No votes
A personal challenge!
18%
A gift
26%
I don't need a reason :p
41%
Other
6%

Total votes: 94

SheWhoRoars
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: POLL: What is your favourite reason to craft?

Post by SheWhoRoars »

I don't really have a reason? I mean, it's nice to do the quilt squares, and gifts, but I always feel a little pressured doing that, so a lot of what I do is just stitching for myself as a quiet thing to do in class or church that also keeps me from gnawing at my nails :P I just like making pretty things!

Mishatu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Mishatu »

Some of the kits that I've purchased/been given have been completed and passed to a friend. Apparently I just like having something to do! An angel I've finished was promised to a long distance friend, and a horse stitch I finished during the school year was given to a friend who liked it. However, some of my stitches are going to be hung on a wall, like the super epic pokemon stitch and a Sailor Moon one I've printed out.

And then I've got blankets and scarves galore because they're easy and I freaking love blankets (I've got a massive tri-color one in progress that I just love~).

KatieVictoria
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by KatieVictoria »

I cross stitch mainly because I struggle with anxiety and it helps to calm me down as it is so relaxing to do for me. It's also a sense of achievement when I've finished a project, I sit there and think 'Hey, I did that'
A cross stitching cat lady.

yessamaca
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by yessamaca »

I stitch because I love seeing a picture emerge from splotches of color. Also, because I cannot do just one thing. If I'm watching TV then my hands MUST be busy or I get fidgety. I used to take silly putty to class so my hands would be doing something during the brief times I wasn't taking notes. The only thing I can really devote my entire attention to is reading. And video games, now that I think about it, but that's involving my hands and is fun to watch so I guess that's why. Other than that, I need my hands to be busy to fully focus. One day I called into a conference and listened while I stitched. I paid more attention during that conference, and got more out of it, than the ones I'd attended in person.

CitrusOda
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by CitrusOda »

I like to make them as a gift, because I cant really find the motivation to make something for myself.
Also I love being able to make someone else smile to me that is very important.
"If we see the moon as they do, then why can we not see the Earth as they do? Hm..." ~ Meowth

LPSM
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by LPSM »

I voted for "I don't need a reason :p", because I just plain like to design and make things (in my case, plushes), as many others have already stated, along with "Other".

My "Other" is that I like to design and make the toys that I always wished various companies and rights-holders would release officially back in the day, but which they never did (I learned not so long ago that official Lemmings plushes were prototyped for the UK market in the early 1990s, but were cancelled due to disappointing sales of toys based on a completely unrelated game - I couldn't believe it, as I'd longed so much to be able to go out and buy a plush lemming back then!). All of the plushes I make for myself are in this vein - they're what I wanted to buy when I was a kid, and still do now, and since even now no-one is making official ones, I design and make what I always wanted by myself, instead. (I don't make plushes of characters who already have an official plush, as that's not what it's all about, for me. And I also don't want to reinvent the wheel, either, as that's thoroughly pointless. :P)