Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Favorite Video Games?

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
Icedevimon13
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Favorite Video Games?

Post by Icedevimon13 »

Well, this IS a forum for cross stitching (and other crafting) game sprites, so its only appropriate that there is this topic :D

What is everyone's favorite video games, and why?

My top three are Super Metroid, Final Fantasy VI, and Chrono Trigger. All are SNES titles.

SNES

Super Metroid
not only has excellent music but amazing visuals as well. They were very advanced at the time, and helped the SNES shine. It also gave me nightmares because I was very young when I first started playing it. I've run through it too many times to count.

Final Fantasy VI (at the time III) has an incredible story line for the amount of characters, music that fits each and every setting, and arguably the best villain ever to grace the systems. One of my all time favorite songs, Dancing Mad, comes from this game.

Chrono Trigger is probably my most favorite of all. Great graphics, great story, great characters, and to me, each one was likable. Its pretty cliche at times, and the story does have loop holes (what time travel concept doesn't?) but the overall presentation ranks it the highest for me. My all time favorite song, To Far Away Times, is the ending theme of this game.

So there you go, you've all got my top three! Discuss your own! (Doesn't have to be three, those just really pop out to me)
Last edited by Icedevimon13 on Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

johloh
Site Admin

Re: Favorite Video Games?

Post by johloh »

man, thats a hard question...but, heres a shot at it...im sure I'll forget something.

--TOP 3--

Arcade
-dig dug
-guantlet
-q*bert/nba jam

Console
-super mario bros 3
-mike tysons punchout
-final fantasy I

PC
-police quest
-leisure suit larry
-warcraft 2
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

ice - I cant believe it myself...but ive never ever played any of the chrono trigger games. I need to do that soon.
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

obesolete
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by obesolete »

Out of This World/Another World

why?

Because it was a revolutionary game. it was the first of it's time to use vectors instead of sprites. There's something to be said about one-man-band games like this. There's quite the story about the whole game itself too.
http://www.anotherworld.fr/anotherworld ... _world.htm
many argued that the graphics were crap back in the day. I thought they were marvelous.
i still do.

My friend and i used to have time trials. we'd each beat the game and try to beat each other's time. i won every time of course... but that's only because i've played to much i know every nook and cranny.

... and the waterfall glitch holds true on every version but PC. EVERY VERSION...
i should have been a beta tester.
Closet Monsters - Video game and custom soft toys http://obesolete.etsy.com

Danyell
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Danyell »

It is so hard to choose. But for re-playability and over all depth, I have to say FF tactics.

benjibot
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by benjibot »

johloh wrote:ice - I cant believe it myself...but ive never ever played any of the chrono trigger games. I need to do that soon.
Oh yes. Play the original Chrono Trigger. Chrono Cross is pretty good, but it will drive you absolutely crazy if you're a completist. There are simply too many playable characters in that game, most of which you never need to use. If you're like me, you'll want to try and keep them all leveled up equally and until it becomes tedious and you put the controller down in exhaustion.

Chrono Trigger though, man that's just about the finest RPG ever created.
Blog: Sorry Town, USA | Tweets: Twitter | Photos: Flickr | Sales: Etsy

gillianms
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by gillianms »

Hmm. That's a really hard question. I don't have a favorite, but off the top of my head here are some games I've really enjoyed:

PC:
- Civilization (all of them, right now Civ IV)
- Planescape Torment

Console:
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Zelda: Twilight Princess and Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- New Super Mario Bros.
- Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Icedevimon13
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Icedevimon13 »

Oh yeah, civilization! I love that game! (looking forward to console version :))

Maybe I'll update my first post with my top three games from each system (That'll be a LONG list lmao)
Image Image

Bellastitch
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Bellastitch »

PC: World of Warcraft. It's the only PC game that I *really* got into. It helps that it doesn't give me motion sickness. Before that, I played a bit of Unreal Tournament... but very limited playtime as I needed a Dramamine to play and then loads of caffeine to balance out the drugs. LOL.

Arcade: Galaga with Space Invaders at a close 2nd.

Console: Legend of Zelda for the NES. I will *never* get tired of playing this game.

DS: Magnetica and Metroid Pinball.
Visit my blog and gallery! http://www.bellastitch.com

gillianms
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by gillianms »

Bellastitch wrote:It helps that it doesn't give me motion sickness.
That drives me nuts with PC games. I don't know what it is, but I just can't play Half Life because it makes me nauseous after 5 minutes. I was fine with Portal though. I think I'm missing out on a lot of fun games because of that problem. I wonder what makes some people more susceptible to it than others.