Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

GoT Blanket

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
wozz90
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: GoT Blanket

Post by wozz90 »

Shazbang wrote:This is a really cool idea! I've done the Lannister and Stark bookmarks using these patterns and I really like them. I wish I knew another craft other than cross stitch lol I feel so one dimensional next to all you guys!
Honestly the crochet isn't that difficult I was really struggling then all of a sudden it just clicked and became easy. Grab a hook and go to YouTube. Or if you can find a friend I managed alright with youtube but someone showing me helped a lot.

wozz90
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by wozz90 »

So I will be starting the blanket tonight, I'm going to try doing it in double crochet (UK) and see how it goes if it doesn't work so well I will do it in Tunisian crochet. I'm starting with the Greyjoy banner of which I have attached my pattern that I put together in Excel usinga mixture of the two links below:

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/385620786815313652/

http://black-lupin.deviantart.com/art/G ... -285861127

will update with pictures as I go.
Attachments
Greyjoy.xlsx
Greyjoy
(20.17 KiB) Downloaded 144 times

wozz90
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by wozz90 »

*Duplicate*
Last edited by wozz90 on Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wozz90
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by wozz90 »

I finally got around to starting the blanket i descided to go for tunisian crochet in the end as I kept having problems with uk double crochet stitch. This is the first tunisian crochet project where i need to change colour so we will see how it goes.

Heres a little starter picture for you all.

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by TigerLily »

Oh goody! I'm so excited that you've started. I'm going to love seeing these coming together.

I've never done tunisian crochet before, but I really want to learn. Maybe your project will inspire me. hehe

wozz90
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by wozz90 »

ok so on my 6th row i noticed the pattern was a bit wonky and after i a bit of investigation i realised i had mis counted my stitched on the previous row therefor shifting everything on that row along one.

In a way I'm glad i messed up and was able to see where i went wrong and undo the work so that i can now rectify it. (after some extra notes on my pattern =p)

More updates to come soon.