Sprite Stitch Wiki - whipping it into shape

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Sprite Stitch Wiki - whipping it into shape

Post by kuja.girl »

The wiki needs volunteers! - http://spritestitch.wikispaces.com/
We are changing from lists of patterns to pages of patterns.
Want to see what I mean?
Here's an OLD LIST of Metroid patterns and now here's a NEW PAGE for one of those patterns.

See what sections need work on the Volunteer Assignments page

Why are we doing this
Making a page for each pattern makes it easier to find what you are looking for. We know that search function on the forum sucks (don't believe me? try searching for "link") so we need a better way to find and organize patterns. Each page/pattern can be tagged have creator, series, system, number of colors, format, etc. which means that your searches can also be that specific.

What you can do
We need volunteers to transform the existing lists into pages. If you would like to participate please answer the following:
  • Can you follow simple directions?
  • Do you know the basics of BBC or HTML? (i.e. can you make a post on the forum with links to photos, bold text, etc.?)
  • Do you have some free time?
  • Do you want the gratitude of your fellow SS users?
Apply Here
If you answered yes then please apply by replying to this post with:
  • A short statement of why you want to help. Please let me know what you would be the most jazzed to help with.
  • Altered text (color, bold, italics, something!)
  • An embedded photo from another website (i.e. it can't be uploaded and can't be just a link)
  • Include your Wikispaces account name so you can be invited to be a member of the SS wiki. You can PM it to me instead of posting it if you'd like.
Last edited by kuja.girl on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |

IHateThatGuy
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: Sprite Stitch Wiki - whipping it into shape

Post by IHateThatGuy »

I just want to help because this would be insanely useful, because I have free time, and because I'm basically like a robot when it comes to organizing not to mention a bit OCD. I don't really care what I have to edit to be honest.

Wheeeeee!!
Spoiler

Mishatu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Mishatu »

1. Can you follow simple directions?
2. Do you know the basics of BBC or HTML? (i.e. can you make a post on the forum with links to photos, bold text, etc.?)
3. Do you have some free time?
4. Do you want the gratitude of your fellow SS users?

1. Maybe
2. Yes :3
3. On occasion
4. Not necessary, but appreciated :D

Edit: Apparently I don't know how to read, though :P
When I first came here, I checked out the wiki and was disappointed to find only a couple of meh-quality Sailor Moon stitches (imo), but after searching the forum a bit, I found some amazing ones. I want others to be able to find things more easily than I did.

Last edited by Mishatu on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IHateThatGuy
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by IHateThatGuy »

I've been editing the Square Enix patterns. I've only managed to finish Chrono Trigger (including adding 2 new pages to it).

http://spritestitch.wikispaces.com/Square+Enix+Patterns

As you can see, selecting one of the patterns goes to the relevant page. The top link with the name will go to the thread whereas the links for the "PDF" or the "STH" will go directly to the post with that file attached. I've changed the Notes to go back to the original patterns page (this case; Square Enix).

The images that are hosted on the forums don't seem to show up either...

I hope this isn't TOO out of line!

kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by kuja.girl »

Please redirect all editing question to this thread.
Let's keep this one just for applications.
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Was I supposed to apply? I have a Hat! That is my reason for helping, of course.
Anyway, here is my application, just in case.

Oh, and this too...
Spoiler

I already put myself down for Sonic patterns, I think. I will crack on with that when I have some time at the weekend :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

I'm game. I've been grateful for the wiki in the past; it'd be nice to contribute some effort in return. :)

I'm assuming this is largely about converting older entries to the new format. If so, I'll take any Metroid patterns which haven't been converted. I'm really willing to tackle anything which isn't a towering, monstrous list that makes me cringe just thinking about it (or, if it is such a list, something which it doesn't matter if I only do one or two a day!).

Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by kuja.girl »

@BMH - LOL you are already a mod on the wiki so you didn't have to apply but thanks for playing along! :P

@ RMDC - I've actually already started working on the Metroid section (it's small so I thought I could handle it and everything else) but I'll be happy to hand it over to you.

Those who are interested in joining should check out the Volunteer Assignments page to see what needs to be done.

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

I'd really love to help but I don't know about technical stuff...

The only thing I can think of is creating a list with every pattern available on the forum up to now, with links and the pattern creator, what files they are available in etc. Then I could divide that list up into sections depending on their category...

It wouldn't be making new pages, but could help you guys do so without trawling through the forum...
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by kuja.girl »

@QueenBex - will send you a PM.