Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

what does the forum need?

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
Stardrifter
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: what does the forum need?

Post by Stardrifter »

LiquidKarma wrote:I don't think "more action" is really warranted. Yes, we have the occasional swear word but I think generally people use appropriate language and our mods are good at keeping an eye on the board and removing spam that may or may not be offensive. I think given the amount of traffic only having a few swear words is probably pretty good
agreed
Servotron wrote:I've looked into it, we've had 3 instances of the f-word and 2 of the s-word. I think that's pretty good considering how long the forum has been going.
and none were even me!~ which is quite amazing because i've been known to drop a few f-bombs ;P

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

You can't just "ban" when people swear unless the site is child oriented. This site is not child oriented. It is oriented for people that create crafts that are video game related. I believe 90% of the people here are over 18 and there are a good group of us that are over 30.

riotpatch
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by riotpatch »

tnitnetny wrote:You can't just "ban" when people swear unless the site is child oriented. This site is not child oriented. It is oriented for people that create crafts that are video game related. I believe 90% of the people here are over 18 and there are a good group of us that are over 30.
Word.
Censoring swearing would be catering to a very small minority.
And there has never been anything graphic or inappropriate in any way that I can recall.
Some people even put "NSFW" on their projects that I would consider PG-13. =P

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

nobody will get banned for occasional swearing, I am only concerned if someone is using it every other word.

people should of course keep it in mind that some people simpy don't like swearing, under 18 or over 18, so its best to use other creative words while in public anyway. I swear plenty in daily life, but I hold it back at work and in public places...this is a public place.

that being said, sometimes there is good timing and you need it.
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Servotron »

Or we could just ban Zombified and BOOM! that's most of the problem sorted right there :D
Image Image Image Image

LiquidKarma
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by LiquidKarma »

Servotron wrote:Or we could just ban Zombified and BOOM! that's most of the problem sorted right there :D
BAHAHAHAH ...poor Z. She gets so excited about stuff!! How could you not love it? :P

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

ouch! yeah we should just dump her... :wiz
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

Turqoizyoshi
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Turqoizyoshi »

So, Not so F-ing well is NSFW.
00000111011001010110010101101011011100110001111101110010011101010110110001100101
Translation: Geeks rule.

P34nU7
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by P34nU7 »

One thing that I have found slightly annoying is that when people reply to a post their reply ends up at the end of the list. Shouldn't the newer ones be at the top? That's just how I see it done on other sites maybe I'm the only one who is annoyed by it.

techno-ninja
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by techno-ninja »

P34nU7 wrote:One thing that I have found slightly annoying is that when people reply to a post their reply ends up at the end of the list. Shouldn't the newer ones be at the top? That's just how I see it done on other sites maybe I'm the only one who is annoyed by it.
all the forums I've been on have the same post layout as this. Personally i would find it more annoying having to go to the end of the thread and read through it backwards to have it in order.