Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

what does the forum need?

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
johloh
Site Admin

Re: what does the forum need?

Post by johloh »

moon_noodles wrote: B) Every time I see your name I get this momentary feeling of tense apprehension like I'm about to be scolded for something. ....
ha. thats exactly why I picked red. the mods get orange to give you a strict talking to. I'm the big guns.

the only thing about picking random characters and items is it doesnt give a sequential order to things. I mean, which is a higher rank, a goomba or koopa? which is a higher rank a coin box or a mushroom? I put the small mario, to big mario, to cooler powerups to try to give it a sequential feeling of getting more powerful. I'd like to stick with that in some way, not mario for sure, but something that shows ranking up or improving...
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

Lord Libidan
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Lord Libidan »

How about mario through the ages?
Or go in date order. So mario came out before zelda, so zelda is better, etc?

Maybe we should put up a poll...

moon_noodles
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by moon_noodles »

johloh wrote: ha. thats exactly why I picked red. the mods get orange to give you a strict talking to. I'm the big guns.
Fine. Then I reserve the right to go "Mufasa! Mufasa! Mufasa!" *shudder* every time I see your name.
Lord Libidan wrote: So mario came out before zelda, so zelda is better, etc?
BEST LOGIC EVER. This should be applied to all aspects of life. My brothers came out before me, so I'm better. :D :P
Lord Libidan wrote:Maybe we should put up a poll...
You always seem so organized. It makes me smile. :nod

I am in agreement on the it doesn't have to be nintendo :NES thing. Also the way it seems to advance in ranking is pretty cool. The reason I suggested going with more mario is because I thought that since there isn't a lot of ranking levels and there is tons of games out there that if it branched out of mario then we'd want to make a variety to satisfy all types of gamers (newer vs older, game systems, etc.) which would be difficult to do with so few ranking levels. I see your point about how we would rank them. I'd say as far as villains go we could rank them in toughness/where they appear in the game, like the goombas would be lower then koopas because koopas are in the castles, and bowser would be the biggest badguy. But I don't know how you'd mix that with mario. How would it logically go from a racoon mario to some sort of villain and back. plus some people don't like the villains (I personally love villains which might be why my brain went there). Though I guess when it comes down to it they are johloh's rankings and he can make them whatever he wants.
Current WIP:
Bleach! Bleach! Bleach! Bleach!!

Too many patterns not enough time!!

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

this is how it stands now with graphics to show the progression...

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Rank 0 - Small Fry 0
Rank 1 - Little Mario 10
Rank 2 - Big Mario 25
Rank 3 - Fire Mario 50
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario 100
Rank 5 - Frog Mario 150
Rank 6 - Hammer Mario 250
Rank 7 - Tanooki Mario 360
Rank 8 - Old School Member 500

We could continue into the future...making rank 8 SMW with a cape, rank 9 could be a 3d mario from mario 64, etc...

or we could add more lower ranks, like fish, goomba, koopa, koopa w/ wings, then start with the marios...

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

FORUM TO DO LIST - (in no particular order)

In Progress...
1. Re-do pattern maker badge / add ranks of pattern makers (10 patterns, 20 patterns, etc)
2. Re-do pdf maker badge
3. Create a sprite stitch handbook
4. publish a sprite stitch book
5. Bmh list of guides

To Do...
1. reorganize / change post rank order (ranking based on number of posts).
2. make some sprite stitch merchandise.
3. fix the disappearing badge bug.
4. ??? anything else?

anything I've forgotten?

Lord Libidan
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Lord Libidan »

johloh wrote:anything I've forgotten?
I believe BMH is trying to make a big list of guides too.

You said about how you didn't know how to order it if there were multiple characters. Why don't we set up a google docs, and people rank the characters in order of who they like best. That way we get a consensus vote...

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Servotron »

powerups.png
powerups.png (85.77 KiB) Viewed 5487 times
Put this together to show the power ups starting from Super Mario Bros to New Super Mario Bros. Thought it might be useful.
Image Image Image Image

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

I like how you've sneaked in your Kuribo's Shoe is not a power up piece. BECAUSE IT ISN'T! :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

kuribo's shoe is my favorite POWERUP. I always try to get it, and keep it as long as possible. best item in the game.

and CHALLENGE ACCEPTED. I will embark on a journey to prove without a doubt to all of you that kuribo's shoe rules.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

I don't need your proof, sir! Kuribo's Shoe rules and is definitely my favourite Mario item EVER...I would live in one if I could. But it most definitely is not a powerup! It's more technically....a mount or something. And by that standard, is Yoshi a powerup? :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...