what does the forum need?

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
johloh
Site Admin

Re: what does the forum need?

Post by johloh »

DuckyBelkins wrote:Where'd the chat go D:
Pyper wrote:There is a tiny link to it in the top right corner
yup its gone from an attempt to curb spamming. You can still find it from that link at the top, but itll be back on the main page soon. its on my short list of fixes from the update.
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

Aridesh
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Aridesh »

kuja.girl wrote:
Aridesh wrote:With Pinterest, there's nothing preventing a person from putting the same pin in two different boards. So, for items that fall under multiple categories, the pin could just be repined into another board. Not saying that we should or shouldn't use Pinterest, just suggesting a way that it could work. :nod
We have a Pintrest board -just one at the moment - where you referring to that? If you have ideas about it, or want to help me currate it please use the thread here.
I haven't found a ton of things to put up lately, Pintrest hs been flooded with Dr. Who and super heroes lately...
I had to remember what I was referring to! (I already follow the Pinterest, and I enjoy what gets put up there. :grin:) I was referring to Lord Libidan's question about the pattern wiki and using Pinterest to organize it. You had mentioned
kuja.girl wrote:Pintrest - we could actually use this to organize patterns. The positive part is that it's visual; the negative is that it's very public, requires real name registration for users, and you cannot easily organize bookmarks with multiple categories.
It would take forever to set up a Pinterest pattern page, but it would be possible to put the same pin into multiple boards if it spanned multiple categories.
Current WIPs: Baby's Christmas Stocking
Shop: fromarideshwithlove.tictail.com
Blog: fromarideshwithlove.wordpress.com
Most progress pictures are on my Instagram. http://www.instagram.com/craftyaridesh

kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by kuja.girl »

hah that's true. I believe the official decision was to revise the way we use the wiki. I made some templates and added some features but I'm not officially on the "mod" team here.

Here's an example of the new wiki pages we're making for the patterns. The cool part about this is that they are tagged and searchable :)
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |

Aridesh
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Aridesh »

That's going to look really good when it is all finished!
Current WIPs: Baby's Christmas Stocking
Shop: fromarideshwithlove.tictail.com
Blog: fromarideshwithlove.wordpress.com
Most progress pictures are on my Instagram. http://www.instagram.com/craftyaridesh

kasura_iome
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by kasura_iome »

I'm not sure if anyone else brought this up, but I think a Pattern Help Board would be really efficient. I tend to need help with patterns that I am in the process of creating often, and I don't like posting in the pattern request boards because I feel that they always get overlooked/I'm kind of spamming in a board that my posts don't belong in because I already have a pattern; it's just not complete or something is off and I'd like the help to fix it up.
Deviantart? Why yes, I do have one! = 3
http://kasuraiome.deviantart.com

Santian69
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Santian69 »

Oh, finally found this search button!!! Gosh, what is it doing up there ^^

Anyways, one little suggestion about the pattern requests forum : threads that got their pattern served should be capital tagged DONE in the subject or something like that, or closed, any trick that helps tell the still open requests from the served ones. I would find that helpful anyways :p

kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by kuja.girl »

Can we get a new forum for "Gaming"? (also I can't believe I haven't asked this before)
This would be the perfect spot for the gamer tag thread as well as general gaming discussions!

(edited: to say forum as I could not think of that word when I first typed it! thanks RMDC)
Last edited by kuja.girl on Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

kuja.girl wrote:Can we get a new category for "Gaming"? (also I can't believe I haven't asked this before)
This would be the perfect spot for the gamer tag thread as well as general gaming discussions!
Seconded. Or at least a subforum.
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

kuja.girl wrote:Can we get a new forum for "Gaming"?
yeah I think we should do this...
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

rosey175
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by rosey175 »

I'm not sure if this was suggested in the last 27 pages, but I would love, love, love a mobile version of the SS forums! Does phpBB support it?
Or does it exist already and I've been blinding myself for no reason ahaha :pac