Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Stained Glass LotR

all non-video game related pattern requests...
Nevervine
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Re: Stained Glass LotR

Post by Nevervine »

Quick question, I attempted to do one of these a while ago however the sheer size of the fabric deterred me. Is it possible to stitch it on a high count fabric like 22 or 28? And if so how many strands of floss need to be used?

SunkistShiek
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by SunkistShiek »

Yes, you can do it on whatever count fabric you want. The bigger the count the smaller the picture gets (as in inches smaller). As for the amount of strands is really personal preference. I've never worked on those counts before but you could always test it on scrap of the count. I do think, though, most people do 1 strand for 28, just know that the more strands, the bulkier it gets. Hope that helps!
WIP
Link's Sword (4/30); SAL Sampler; Adult Size Monster Pants (knitting)
ImageImageImage

Nevervine
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Nevervine »

Thanks! It does! One more question does the principle with resolution apply to cross stitch also? Where the more pixels in a smaller space the better resolution?

SunkistShiek
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by SunkistShiek »

Maybe? I'm not 100% sure, maybe someone else can answer with more confidence. I think that if you're going to do it on 28 vs 22 count, the stitches would only be closer together. So, it doesn't matter how close the stitches are, it'll still be the same blurred/clear picture that the pattern shows. The more clear you make the pattern the better it will look in the end, but that also means the more colors you will have and the bigger the piece will be to accommodate the colors.
WIP
Link's Sword (4/30); SAL Sampler; Adult Size Monster Pants (knitting)
ImageImageImage

Nevervine
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Nevervine »

Oh okay, I see. Thanks! I found a pic that was posted and is by far my favorite. Can someone please make this into a pattern I would like it about the same size as the other patterns if possible roughly 320w x 448h and feel free to use as many colors as need to make it look good. If the picture is to intricate for a pattern don't hesitate to let me know. http://breathing2004.deviantart.com/art ... hase=print

Naturalnerd
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Naturalnerd »

Hey guys, first time posting on Spritestitch. I started this project a while back and have finished just the top corner but its starting to look very dark. I am hesitant to put hundreds of hours into this piece if it will come out looking like a dark brown blob. Any tips on lightening it up a bit? I am scared to make any changes on my own as I don't have a good "eye" for these things.

Here is what I have finished so far. http://i.imgur.com/KWgebiY.jpg?1

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Hi Naturalnerd, and welcome to Sprite Stitch!

I've had a look at your photo, and to be honest I'm not sure where the problem lies. Yes, it is dark but to me it looks as though it is fairly dark in the original image. The other thing is that you only have a small section done, and up against all the white it will look darker - but when you get more stitches and more colours in place it will most likely look more balanced out. I have found that so many times with a piece (particularly with large ones) so my advice would be not to worry about it at the minute. Try stitching another colour or colours in and see how it starts looking as the area fills up.
Hope that helps, but you are always welcome to post again for more advice! :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Kath7890
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Kath7890 »

hello there :wave: I also have one of breath-art beautiful arts from deviantart 'River of Bruinen' and I would ask that somebody make a pattern of that pic for me like the other ones? Thank you :good:
Attachments
river_of_bruinen_by_breathing2004-d74hhsb.jpg
river_of_bruinen_by_breathing2004-d74hhsb.jpg (285.42 KiB) Viewed 9361 times

smash bro.
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by smash bro. »

Kath7890 that would ba a beautiful cross stitch and would look great framed next to the others.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

That pattern would SO go on my bucket list!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson