Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Super Mario Bros.

all non-video game related pattern requests...
saintrobyn
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Super Mario Bros.

Post by saintrobyn »

I am looking for a pattern for the title screen for Super Mario Bros. or the Japanese version of Super Mario Bros. 2. I would like them to have an 8-Bit color pallet. I have tried importing an image into PC-Stitch but it adds to many color gradients. I would like the score text and everything on it. I would want it to be around 100 x 100 stitches for the size but it can go up to 150 x 150 if needed.

This is a picture of what I am talking about:

or

jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Re: Super Mario Bros.

Post by jelibe »

Don't worry if you think we've forgotten you with this pattern. We haven't. I've been busy with other projects of late and I will get round to doing this sometime soon. Don't give up hope just yet.
Image http://jelibe-spritegirl.blogspot.com/ Visit my little crafty blog!!

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

I never even saw this posted, dunno how I missed it. I doubt a good looking pattern can be made of this that isnt the native pixel resolution, IE 300px wide. when you resize itll make everything look different, and being that it is so recognizable I think it'll look odd...if someone can make it work I'll be impressed.
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

saintrobyn
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by saintrobyn »

I would not be opposed to native res. Maybe I can get my wife to make a rug our of it. I have tried creating the pattern on my own but it just does not look write, hence why I have come to the experts here. :)

gillianms
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by gillianms »

I've got this down to 150x132 stitches and am not entirely happy with it (especially the ground) but can't do much better.

insomnia = making patterns

ETA: jelibe, I'm so sorry, I just saw that you said you're working on it. I'd love to see your pattern when you're done!

Here's a picture (resized for easy forum viewing)

The pattern (warning: quite large!) is available here.

Colors:

0 DMC 945 tawny - md
1 DMC 300 mahogany - vy dk
2 DMC 920 copper - md
3 DMC 3829 old gold - vy dk
4 DMC 5200 snow white
5 DMC 919 red copper
6 DMC 906 parrot green - md
7 DMC 741 tangerine - md
8 DMC 702 kelly green
9 DMC 310 black
_ DMC 996 electric blue - md

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

yeah thats about as good as you can make it...and personally it seems to changed from the original image. you really cant shrink pixel art...you can shrink a drawing or something else, but not really if its already down to simple pixels.

your best bet would be to shrink the area your stitching...for example stitch mario, the hill, and the bricks below...or something.
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by jelibe »

Yeah, thats a good idea. I'm making a home sweet home pattern which features part of the floor and hill. I've also got clouds in it and a little castle (about 1 inch high). I'm going to stitch it first then show it too you. I've got a few patterns worked out ready to stitch, all I need is the thread (why does that change with every pattern? lol, doen't need an answer!!).
Image http://jelibe-spritegirl.blogspot.com/ Visit my little crafty blog!!