Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Valkyrie Profile (Lenneth) / Morrigan / Bayonetta

all non-video game related pattern requests...
blooddha
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Valkyrie Profile (Lenneth) / Morrigan / Bayonetta

Post by blooddha »

Hi,
I got a picture i'd love to ctoss stitch, but i can't get a result that satisfies me.
I tried with PCStitch and KG-Chart, but i'm not pro with those too programs.
I'd love the result to be around 300 cross long max, with around 40 colors.
I attached the file to this post.

Also, i'd like to know if any of you got a pattern for Bayonetta and / or Morrigan ? I'd love a very sexy pattern with around as much colour (or a little bit more) as lenneth, and around the same size (something quite big).

Thanks !
Attachments
vp-lenneth6.jpg
vp-lenneth6.jpg (120.91 KiB) Viewed 6320 times

Asinine
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Valkyrie Profile (Lenneth) / Morrigan / Bayonetta

Post by Asinine »

blooddha wrote:I'd love the result to be around 300 cross long max, with around 40 colors.
Just to clarify, do you mean you'd like this to be about 300 stitches across, at the maximum?
I'm too poor to pwn, so I r3nt.

Asinine
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Asinine »

Here's what KG Stitch has outputted... 294x239 with 27 colors.
Attachments
Lenneth.pdf
(1.16 MiB) Downloaded 440 times
Lenneth.sth
(171.25 KiB) Downloaded 300 times

blooddha
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by blooddha »

I really don't know how to get good results with kgchart.
I didn't get the same result as you. You clearly got a better result for the face, i had a big white thing aroung the eye. How do you make the chart ? Just import the file, set the number of colours and the size and that's all ? Could you please do the same with 40 colours ?

EDIT :
Here i join a .rar with 5 pictures of Morrigan. Nothing special about them but since they are "sexy" i didn't want to post them directly (nothing wrong with them but ~~).
I can't get good results with these pictures either. If anyone could give it a try, it would be nice. I can just say i'd love to get a "big" thing, it can go up to 50~ colors and i don't really care about the size (but it has to be detailed, and i believe 300 crosses is good (for width if it's the longest, or for heigh it if's the longest)).

Thanks in advance to whoever will help :)
Attachments
Morrigan.rar
(1.39 MiB) Downloaded 290 times

Asinine
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Asinine »

blooddha wrote:I really don't know how to get good results with kgchart.
I didn't get the same result as you. You clearly got a better result for the face, i had a big white thing aroung the eye. How do you make the chart ? Just import the file, set the number of colours and the size and that's all ? Could you please do the same with 40 colours ?
I recently learned a trick someone else posted (I forget who though)! Since jpegs are notorious for using a bazillion colors, I went in via photoshop and altering the picture to indexed colors, only allowed 40. The result wasn't too far from the original (when it is, you have to up the number of colors; fortunately your request worked!), so saving that, I fed it into KG Chart. Do note I didn't visually compare colors... so I can't guarantee it will look as good as KGC says.

I did Morrigan with a little more effort. It looks way more spotty, but I can't fix that bit. :(
Attachments
morrigan.pdf
(3.17 MiB) Downloaded 326 times
morrigan.sth
(271.46 KiB) Downloaded 278 times

blooddha
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by blooddha »

Thanks a lot ! I really don't understand how you can get such a net result.
I'm following your guide line (using photoshop, indexed 40 colors then imported straight into KG) but i get a totally different result. I have no spotty effect at all, it's more like "see attached file". As you can see, my result is way worst than yours but it still uses 11 more colors !
I'm using KG ver 1.08.09, maybe you're using a different one or something ?
I'd love to understand how you do so that i can try different settings and find the one that suits me most.
I will definitely go with your picture if i can't get something slightly better.

EDIT : I just noticed something. You made the pattern 300*486, which is a little bit too large =/ It would be better XXX*300, the longest side being 300 stitches. It's a little more realistic.
I'm still trying to figure out how you can get your result and i'll try doing the same pattern, smaller and with around 10 more colours.
Attachments
morrigan.sth
(116.31 KiB) Downloaded 268 times

Asinine
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Asinine »

blooddha wrote:I just noticed something. You made the pattern 300*486
Oh whoops! Haha, I just stuck the first number to 300. But that shouldn't alter the output so greatly.

I've actually noticed that even though I took the pictures down to your requested amount of colors, KGC kicked a few out when it was imported. Actually, the Lenneth one had around five colors with zero count that I deleted manually.

I think it might have something to do more with what you're feeding KGC. When you save your "dumbed-down" file (with the set amount of colors), do NOT save it as a jpg. Use something more reliable; I personally use .bmp. Then it doesn't mesh and "anti-alias" (is that the right term?) the colors. Try that and see if your results better suit your needs?

blooddha
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by blooddha »

I'm personally saving them as png through photoshop.
I took Morrigan, and also Lenneth, make them be only 40 colors each, and really, it's hard telling the difference between the original pic and the recolored ones. Then i save them as png, and when i open them normally, they still look very very nice. I think using them as reference is good.
When opening them through KGC, even if the original pic has only 40 colours, it'll create new colors every here and there and it won't look good at all. I learned what "diffusion" is, and i like the effect, but you can't choose this option in KGC.
The last Morrigan you gave me was big sure, but it really was net, i mean, there was no straight separation between the different colours, it was quite natural, gradiant.
I know the result can't be perfect and maybe i'm too obsessed with what i see on my screen, maybe it'll just look good when stitched even if it looks weird on the screen.
Also, i'm sorry for being a pain but since it'll be a big project, i just prefere to take a little more time and make sure it'll look good :)
Thanks for helping me.

PS : could you please just give another try with morrigan, same as what you did but downsized and with a little more colors ? I just want to see if what you get is more or less the same as me. If you can't, don't worry :)

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Some good work there Asinine :D

I'd help with making patterns but I'm really busy right now, however in my tea break I had a quick look for gif/png/bmp versions of the Morrigan pics that were in the rar, found one that might be good for a pattern, in gif format.
morrigan-lilith.zip
(33.87 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
I've zipped it cos although it's not that graphic it is kinda nsfw lol :D

Hope that's of some use to ya! :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Asinine
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Asinine »

blooddha wrote:I'm personally saving them as png through photoshop.
You know, I used to until I realised this one picture totally got one of the colors very very wrong. I had no idea what went wrong and I haven't seen it since, but that was enough to prevent me from trusting it. Plus, while the .bmp is about 100 times larger, I typically just save it to my desktop until I've got the pattern, then I delete it.

This actually looks better than the last attempt. Weird.
Attachments
morrigan.sth
(135.33 KiB) Downloaded 277 times