Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Hylian Shield and Samus.

all non-video game related pattern requests...
Szczepanek
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Re: Hylian Shield and Samus.

Post by Szczepanek »

I know this is a long time since I asked for this pattern, but I figured I'd come back and show you guys what I actually ended up doing with it!

I love to crochet, and since my boyfriend is a huge nerd it works our pretty well because I always have a TON of things to make him. I'm made him a few versions of Link, but he was really interested in him having accessories and I was scrambling to find the easiest way to make a hylian shield when I'm quite terrible at sewing/embroidering details. So, I decided cross-stitch was the easiest solution.

Here is an image of the completed project. I had to make the shield very small to accommodate him. It came out perfect.
Spoiler
I just wanted to thank you again for working hard and making this for me. It is my boyfriends most treasured possession and would never have come out so great if it wasn't for your help! :)

carand88
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by carand88 »

i am very jealous of your boyfriend. i shall have to go over there and beat it out of him :club:. nicely done!! :Link

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

carand88 wrote:i shall have to go over there and beat it out of him :club:.
I'm gonna help ya! :D

But yes, that came out lovely. And a very interesting way of using cross stitch! Well done!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

blackberrybear
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by blackberrybear »

I'm curious, what count did you use and how did you attach it to link?