Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Zelda-Link request

all non-video game related pattern requests...
Wolfix
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: Zelda-Link request

Post by Wolfix »

Go for your life - I have no more rights to the pattern than I do to the image I made it from... Yet to see what the legalities of this craft are, especially once someone tries to make money from it!
Fish, fish, my only wish!

susanne
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by susanne »

I am considering to make your first design, since it does look better than the small one.
I was on my way to the craft store just know, when I realize that I do have my list of numbers for the thread, but I do not know how much I will need. I can buy them per bundle of 8 meters, but I have no idea how much I will need for this project and I wouldn't want to run out half way through.

I would love to hear any suggestions on this...
As for the legality, I'm not sure, but I know that I only stitch for myself or friends and family....

techno-ninja
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by techno-ninja »

Wolfix wrote:Go for your life - I have no more rights to the pattern than I do to the image I made it from... Yet to see what the legalities of this craft are, especially once someone tries to make money from it!
Thanks :) Although i don't intend to sell it. I know that there is a woman that sells discworld cross stitches applied for a license from terry pratchett.... Ah sod, i don't pretend to have a solicitor's knowledge!

heather99
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by heather99 »

I'm planning on taking this one on (as soon as the black aida arrives- it should be here soon!) but I was wondering how you know how much of each colour thread to purchase. Also, if anyone's still lurking around who's done this one, or who knows about KG-Chart - how accurate were the colours? I've heard about the colours being a bit off- should I be right to just buy and use these ones? Really looking forward to taking this on. I'm going to be seeing how fast I can do it, too- boyfriend's bday is the 5th. Eep.

Knittenkitten
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by Knittenkitten »

I work with KG-Chart all the time and I haven't really had any problem with its color choices. I sometimes wonder as I'm stitching but as soon as its done it turns out pretty much like it should. As for the amount of thread you will need, it all depends on the amount of stitches you will be doing with a particular color and how many strands you will be using. I use 2 strands whenever I stitch and I only use one skein of thread for every +/- 5000 stitches or so. It also depends on the size of the fabric you will be using too. Bigger count (ie 14 ct) will use more thread than say an 18 or 22ct fabric will (I think).
WIPs:
LoZ:LTTP Map (page 13 of 15)
Save the Stitches Blackwork
Frederick the Literate Kit
Butterfly Scroll Kit
Rainbow Gallery's Specialty Stitch Alphabet

heather99
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by heather99 »

I'm using 16 count because I'm doing the smaller version with less colours, due to my limited timeframe and having only done smaller things in the past. Does one thing of each colour sound like enough?

*Edit: Fabric arrived. Black 16 count is a whole lot harder than white 14 count. Oh well. Let the stitching begin! Anyways, my other question- I do have a smallish stash of threads that I already have- does anyone know of a website or something that I can use to try and work out which of my threads might be the same as the ones called for in the patterns? None of them have numbers or any details on them.

heather99
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by heather99 »

Wow, it's weird to think it's been a few months that I've been working on this thing... Anyways, it's coming along nicely, but I've run into a bit of a problem- some of the colours listed are a bit dodgy. I first had a problem with the colour used in the face, the flesh/peach colour, except the thread colour listed here is an off-white, and I didn't quite spot that it was a problem until I started adding the browns to the pattern. (All the colour numbers I'm using are DMC, and I'm doing the smaller version of the pattern)

I know how I'm going to sort that out, however, there's a bigger problem- according to the pattern, the second-most-used colour, 939, is displayed as an almost purply- brown, except the thread colour 939 is actually a very, very deep almost-black navy blue. This colour is mainly used as the shadows/darker sections of Link's green tunic, as well as filling in other places. Could you guys help? A suggestion of what to do or what other colour to substitute would be great. I'm a bit of a newbie to all this stitching stuff...

The other problem that I have is the most used colour, 910 (the lighter of the two greens) is no longer being made- any suggestions for an alternative? I find it pretty amusing that of all the threads for me to have a problem with, it's the first and second most used ones that are being annoying.

Other than all this, it's going really well, and I'm loving working on this thing :D It's so relaxing while I study. Anyways, any help would be very muchly appreciated. Thanks!
Attachments
Progress pic :)
Progress pic :)
Second picture of JASON KEEP OUT.png (780.26 KiB) Viewed 7047 times

samarin
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by samarin »

904 seems like it would be the best replacement for 910 - or you could go with 911, but it seems kinda bright to me. Switching between 904 and 910 in kg chart you can barely see a difference. As for the shadows on the tunic, you could use 500 which is one of the darkest (if not the darkest) green shades.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StitchedPixels
WIPs
Pokemon All Gens - 40/270 pages (14.8%)
Quilt Squares 1/48 done, square 2 - 70%
Elizabeth (sepia) - 50%
Playing
tomb raider and fallout new vegas

heather99
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by heather99 »

Thanks so much :) It will be good to finally give Link a body. He looks so odd just being a head and limbs. The green suggested looks really good, however with the colour that's supposed to be a dark brown that's being listed as a navy, I'm a bit worried there about replacing it with a dark green, as that colour is used quite heavily in the boots which are entirely brown, and I'm worried that putting a dark green in there will look kind of odd.

samarin
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by samarin »

you could always use the dark green for the tunic bits, and pick out a dark brown for the boots - 938 in pretty dark while still looking brown
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StitchedPixels
WIPs
Pokemon All Gens - 40/270 pages (14.8%)
Quilt Squares 1/48 done, square 2 - 70%
Elizabeth (sepia) - 50%
Playing
tomb raider and fallout new vegas