Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Epic Disney Stained Glass

all non-video game related pattern requests...
Mynista13
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Epic Disney Stained Glass

Post by Mynista13 »

Hi there! :) Saw this pattern and I loved it. Would anyone be able to turn it into a pattern on 18 count for me? Size doesn't matter to me. I managed to find the png version, so I hope that helps a little bit with retaining the detail (I remember someone mentioning that was better for detail).
PS: I just realized there is a large white area on top and below, that I would prefer if it were not included in the final pattern - just the colorful parts of the picture :)
Attachments
1000x1000.jpg
1000x1000.jpg (338.36 KiB) Viewed 10518 times
Last edited by Mynista13 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

MeiTow
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Re: Disney Stained Glass

Post by MeiTow »

That's really cool. Might be a bit difficult to do because it's so small and detailed. I'm redoing a stained glass Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto in a hot air balloon that I bought off Etsy because the person didn't even bother to clean up the blurry bits and it's a bit of a pain in the butt. I can't imagine even attempting this.

Susing
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Susing »

Oh, my god....someone has to make this. Even if they broke it up in to pieces....I would add it to my ever growing pile of dream cross-stitch patterns.

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

MeiTow wrote:That's really cool. Might be a bit difficult to do because it's so small and detailed. I'm redoing a stained glass Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto in a hot air balloon that I bought off Etsy because the person didn't even bother to clean up the blurry bits and it's a bit of a pain in the butt. I can't imagine even attempting this.
I would be complaining about that, MeiTow!

This picture is pretty, but yeah. I can run it through my program, but I can't really clean things up at all. :-/
~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign

MeiTow
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by MeiTow »

Kareesh wrote:
MeiTow wrote:That's really cool. Might be a bit difficult to do because it's so small and detailed. I'm redoing a stained glass Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto in a hot air balloon that I bought off Etsy because the person didn't even bother to clean up the blurry bits and it's a bit of a pain in the butt. I can't imagine even attempting this.
I would be complaining about that, MeiTow!

This picture is pretty, but yeah. I can run it through my program, but I can't really clean things up at all. :-/
I should. I've noticed a lot of them do that. A friend of mine got a KH one and noticed it's all blurry as well (not as badly because it's mostly a silhouette but still). She's the one that bought the stained glass Mickey I'm redoing (I bought it with her card info) so I feel like she should be the one to complain. I tried to tell her this is why I don't, normally, bother buying patterns. Haha!

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Epic Disney Stained Glass

Post by blackmageheart »

I tried making this into a pattern using Photoshop and PCStitch. The only way I could keep any of the detail was by making it 500x355, which is 177500 stitches! Some detail was still lost though.
It also has a ton of colours - guessing around 200. I will try to bring the size and colours down a bit but I think more of the detail will be lost, so I'm not terribly hopeful.

Here's a preview of the pattern I tried:
Spoiler
d_sg preview.png
d_sg preview.png (1.32 MiB) Viewed 10501 times
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Mynista13
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Mynista13 »

That looks so cool blackmageheart! :clap:
I have lots of leftover colors from other projects, so 200 colors shouldn't be a problem. If it's not too inconvenient, do you mind posting the pattern for that one you made above? It looks really good and the detail is perfect :blush:
Last edited by Mynista13 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

Would anyone be willing to make a pattern of that Lilo and Stitch panel, because that would be awesome to do by itself. And wonky angle is cool with me, be a quirky piece. :)
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Mynista13 wrote:If it's not too inconvenient, do you mind posting the pattern for that one you made above?
No problem!
Disney Stained Glass Pattern.PAT
(3.05 MiB) Downloaded 650 times
Disney Stained Glass Pattern BW.pdf
(527.57 KiB) Downloaded 951 times
Disney Stained Glass Pattern C.pdf
(2.39 MiB) Downloaded 1259 times
QueenBex wrote:Would anyone be willing to make a pattern of that Lilo and Stitch panel, because that would be awesome to do by itself. And wonky angle is cool with me, be a quirky piece. :)
How would this be for you?
Spoiler
Lilo and Stitch Panel.png
Lilo and Stitch Panel.png (50.38 KiB) Viewed 10489 times
EDIT: Bex I'm thinking I will clean it up more, remove the leaf thing from the top (I think it was part of the Belle panel) and try to even out the edges - what say you?
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Mynista13
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Mynista13 »

I am so excited now!!! Thank you so very much blackmageheart! It's going to be so much fun tackling this epic pattern you made :yahoo: