Help - pooping piggy

all non-video game related pattern requests...
tiiiiii_85
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Help - pooping piggy

Postby tiiiiii_85 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:03 am

Hello everybody,
I recently started stitching again and now I would like to make a sign for the door to my toilet. Since I am in love with cute piggies I would like to stitch a piggy on a toilet, pooping coins. :D
Here is the original image:
Spoiler: show
piggyPoopsCoins.jpg

I tried to make a pattern out of it and this is the result I got:
PiggyPoopsCoins.pdf
(101.52 KiB) Downloaded 33 times

PiggyPoopsCoins-Print.pdf
(57.78 KiB) Downloaded 26 times

I am not happy at all about the coins. I tried to make them manually, but I failed badly... Also I lost the curly tail in the process. :cray:
Anybody can help me?
I am a self learner who started stitching in high school. After years of break I am finally back to cross stitching, thanks to this forum!
Going on projects:
- Wedding birds (framing phase)
- still undecided

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Help - pooping piggy

Postby blackmageheart » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:06 pm

Firstly, I'm sorry it's taken a while for someone to get to this. I'll try to help in whatever way I can.

How do you feel about backstitching? It might be the solution, both to the coins problem and the curly tail one too.
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Batboard wrote:Your relationship between combustible engines and the 16 Olympics has to be the best ad campaign I've seen in years. Do you accept locks of hair or Paypal...

tiiiiii_85
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Postby tiiiiii_85 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:52 pm

I don't mind backstitching.

Thanks for the help!
I am a self learner who started stitching in high school. After years of break I am finally back to cross stitching, thanks to this forum!
Going on projects:
- still undecided

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Postby blackmageheart » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:37 pm

How's this for you?

Pooping Piggy 2.pdf
(60.32 KiB) Downloaded 42 times

I did what I could with the coins, but I wasn't able to make them look angled like in the original picture. I added a tiny tail, and also took the liberty of adjusting the eye and adding some detail to the newspaper - I hope you don't mind! I also used some slightly different colours than yours (but feel free to choose your own if you prefer!)

Please let me know if I can help any more :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Batboard wrote:Your relationship between combustible engines and the 16 Olympics has to be the best ad campaign I've seen in years. Do you accept locks of hair or Paypal...

tiiiiii_85
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Postby tiiiiii_85 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:53 pm

I love it!! :clap:
The idea of making the coins vertical is simple, but very nice... Should have thought about this possibility... I like the choice of colors too, I will use them. The gradation of grays will be very nice.
The tail in backstitching will be a bit small... Do you think I can use two treads to make it? I usually use one but maybe with 2 it will be visible enough.
Going on projects:
- still undecided

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Postby blackmageheart » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:10 pm

tiiiiii_85 wrote:The tail in backstitching will be a bit small... Do you think I can use two treads to make it? I usually use one but maybe with 2 it will be visible enough.

Yes, I think that's a great idea!

tiiiiii_85
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Postby tiiiiii_85 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:50 am

Awesome! Now it's time to buy the treads and start working on it!
Thanks again! :D
Going on projects:
- still undecided

lil_hel
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Postby lil_hel » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:13 am

Just incase anyone is thinking about doing this stitch here's my version. Stitched from my stash so colours do not match up, and I edited the brown for black and then added back stitching around the toilet. A lot of fun to stitch, and it only took a day.
Picture is from my iPhone so apologies if it's the wrong way round.
Attachments
IMG_1275.JPG
WIPS - Non! Currently looking for inspiration!

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Postby blackmageheart » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:11 pm

That turned out really nice! :)

Return to “Pattern Requests - Non Video Game”