Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

JAN/FEB Challenge - Portraits!

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
carand88
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: JAN/FEB Challenge - Portraits!

Post by carand88 »

my entry is all set!! here she is, in all her glory! it's 7 in by 12 in and i swear she looks a lot better in person than in the photo. i stitched Midna in here true form. the first photo is before ironing and framing and the second one is ironed and framed.
Spoiler
Small.jpg
Small.jpg (300.01 KiB) Viewed 5470 times
Spoiler
Small.jpg
Small.jpg (208.18 KiB) Viewed 5470 times

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

Wow Carand!! That looks great!!

starrley
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by starrley »

Yes, I third that. It is so beautiful, carand88! :)
"I assure you, Commander, the cards are sufficiently randomized."

:pika Current projects: :pika
Sherlock wallpaper stitch
Quilting
Crocheting

DA

BeadedImagination
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by BeadedImagination »

ZOMG all teh awesomeness in this thread!!! I'm in love with you all!!!

A wip from me, finally... I wanted to wait for my bead order before I started this. Got my color yesterday, and well... it's too light. So I decided to make do with what I have and hope I don't run out. This is the widest project I have ever done, 72 rows. So here we are as of tonight, 8 rows completed, and I have to make a thread change already. Hoping to have this done by the end of the challenge lol.
~Steph~
Spoiler
2013_2-6_carmen.JPG
2013_2-6_carmen.JPG (127.87 KiB) Viewed 5361 times

monkeypeaches
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by monkeypeaches »

Beaded, your work is soooo cool! I may have just been stalking you on facebook looking for more pictures of your creations :cool: ............So beautiful! I love your video game related stuff and your non game related stuff too :D
My blog is a mishmash of my crafty/nerdy lollygagging
http://whimsydaisical.blogspot.com/

Anime I'm stitching along to: Sailor Moon R or Bleach

Image Image Image

starrley
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by starrley »

monkeypeaches wrote:Beaded, your work is soooo cool! I may have just been stalking you on facebook looking for more pictures of your creations :cool: ............So beautiful! I love your video game related stuff and your non game related stuff too :D
WOW. I just looked at (and liked) your Facebook page. Your things are amazing and beautiful. When I was younger I had a bead loom and I LOVED it and I've been wanting to get one again, I just have so many other crafts going already. I never made anything as ambitious as yours. I can't wait to see what your portrait looks like when it's done. Your jewelry is beautiful too. Do you have an Etsy store?
"I assure you, Commander, the cards are sufficiently randomized."

:pika Current projects: :pika
Sherlock wallpaper stitch
Quilting
Crocheting

DA

MeiTow
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by MeiTow »

Ugh, don't think I'm going to get this done. I've had absolutely no motivation to stitch this week and he's no where near done. :(

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Don't worry if you can't, MeiTow. Maybe save it for later? You could make a smaller project instead (if you have motivation, of course!)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

BeadedImagination
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by BeadedImagination »

starrley wrote:
monkeypeaches wrote:Beaded, your work is soooo cool! I may have just been stalking you on facebook looking for more pictures of your creations :cool: ............So beautiful! I love your video game related stuff and your non game related stuff too :D
WOW. I just looked at (and liked) your Facebook page. Your things are amazing and beautiful. When I was younger I had a bead loom and I LOVED it and I've been wanting to get one again, I just have so many other crafts going already. I never made anything as ambitious as yours. I can't wait to see what your portrait looks like when it's done. Your jewelry is beautiful too. Do you have an Etsy store?
Thanks guys! My name is Stephanie, btw :wave: I was wondering if those new likes came from here heh :blush: Starrley, I had my looms put away for a good while, as I hadn't found anything else to do with them up til I discovered spriting. And with the color range that I have to choose from in the Delica line (around a thousand or so), I can usually get pretty close with the colors if not exact. Sure beats those old seed beads that were uneven as all heck :grin: No, I don't have an Etsy; I was on artfire for a while til they made it pay-only for sellers. I can't justify the extra fees with no job and being in school. Most of the jewelry I've made has been commission, though I'm trying to build up my OOAK stock as well. I think my other thread is in miscellaneous because I wasn't sure whether it would be classified as beading or stitching :confused: You guys are awesome here and so prolific; it takes me forever to get motivation to do more than one item a week lol :clapping:
~Steph~