Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Charity Quilt(s) 2013

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: Charity Quilt(s) 2013

Post by LucyInTheSky »

I just signed up for Donkey Kong 2. I definitely will need help making the pattern and with colors. I think I'd like to do this
95152.png
95152.png (57.59 KiB) Viewed 5115 times
. When I tried to import it into KG, the program crashed... that's not good. Well, I'll fight with it tomorrow :)
Check out my blog: GorramQuilts.com

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Ishtar wrote:*tries to think how she can make an official image from Journey small enough*
I was thinking about doing Journey, so I have lots of useful images - if I can be of some help send me a PM!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

msstitcher
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by msstitcher »

Yay! Right well I am not going to buy a house in 2013 unless I win the lottery so I can submit my World of Warcraft square from this year's - I am 1/3 done :yahoo: :clapping:
"Geekiest Wife Ever!!!"
http://www.msstitcher.blogspot.com

msstitcher
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by msstitcher »

I've lost my envelopes :blush: Does anyone know where to go to get them back? :help:
"Geekiest Wife Ever!!!"
http://www.msstitcher.blogspot.com

Myu
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Myu »

Could someone give me the link to a website that sells 16ct aida fabric (and ships to Europe)? Since both my squares were not of the right dimension (even though they were considered as 16ct on the website I ordered), I don't want to do a whole square again just to realise that it won't fit on the quilt :/
WIPs :
- Portal icons and Aperture Science logo
- The Name of the Doctor

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Servotron »

Myu wrote:Could someone give me the link to a website that sells 16ct aida fabric (and ships to Europe)? Since both my squares were not of the right dimension (even though they were considered as 16ct on the website I ordered), I don't want to do a whole square again just to realise that it won't fit on the quilt :/
This website is pretty good: http://www.sewandso.co.uk/
Image Image Image Image

rogueprincess20
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by rogueprincess20 »

I signed up for a square this year and I picked Legend Of Zelda a Link to the Past. Heres the shot I picked out. Please let me know if anything is wrong with it.
WithcHutCharityQuilt3.png
WithcHutCharityQuilt3.png (6.5 KiB) Viewed 5014 times
Current Projects: LTTP Light World

Lileya
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Lileya »

I went to Michael's yesterday and grabbed a 16ct Aida, I mesured a 96 by 96 squares surface and I come up with 6 and 1/16 inches by 5 and 15/16 inches... :banghead: Would that be accepted?

If it wouldn't be accepted, can somebody give me a specific link to what to buy (that ships to Canada without having to wait 1 month)?

Thanks a lot!
Current projects :
Out of commission after surgery until May.

Currently playing : Speed runs of Biohazard HD Remaster

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Lileya wrote:I went to Michael's yesterday and grabbed a 16ct Aida, I mesured a 96 by 96 squares surface and I come up with 6 and 1/16 inches by 5 and 15/16 inches... :banghead: Would that be accepted?
I think that should be ok - after stitching / washing / etc it will change slightly anyway.

On this subject, can I again remind people not to panic if it's not EXACTLY 6 x 6" - this is due to the manufacturing of the material you use. Better quality material will have measurements closer to the mark.
If you have measurements similar to Lileya's then that will be ok - you DO have 16ct. If you are in any doubt, I do have a plan to check and reassure. So don't worry! :D

And if there's anyone terribly desperate for 16ct white aida, I will source a few extra metres, cut them up into the right size squares and ship em out!

EDIT: Oh and I'm still available for pattern help! :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

Just bought the fabric from online. Apparently the big sheet of fabric that I had lying around was 14 count and all my 16 count was too small. Hopefully it'll arrive soonish so I can start on my squares. :)
~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign