Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Stitching for Charity 2012

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges

Choose a fabric for this year's Child's Play Quilts!

Dark Yellow
16%
Green
31%
Light Blue
53%

Total votes: 58

Celes_Lionheart
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: Stitching for Charity 2012

Post by Celes_Lionheart »

I really love the pikachu one and the samus one!
Working on:
Mini-Swap, Chocobo chart, Mega Man piece
Sewing - 3 different Disappearing 9-Patch quilts
http://celes887.deviantart.com/

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

It seems like a lot of people are sending them in bubble envelopes. Honestly, they can get all wrinkled up because I am washing and ironing them. The only thing you bhave to worry about it getting cut, and the bubble envelope takes care of that.

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

I think I will be sending mine in a bubble envelope in case the envelope does get caught in machinery or get cut etc. I just hand washed it to straighten it out enough to fold to fit in the envelope. I will be taking a photo of the finished square tomorrow after it is dry.

*EDIT 11:27pm*

Well it dried tonight, and I've already gotten it ready to be mailed tomorrow, but I got a picture first. Here is my finished square:

kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by kuja.girl »

Padded envelopes work great because they take a beating pretty well and still manage to keep things safe. For extra protection you can also re-enforce the corners with packing tape. The post office also likes them because they are much easier to handle than boxes (or tubes).
The only problem I've had with them is when a postman rolled one up to shove it in my box, bending the book inside it. After calling my post office I learned that they do this with "bendable" envelopes so be sure to write DO NOT BEND if it's something that can be ruined that way. Live and learn.
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |

gamerwolff
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by gamerwolff »

kuja.girl wrote:The only problem I've had with them is when a postman rolled one up to shove it in my box, bending the book inside it. After calling my post office I learned that they do this with "bendable" envelopes so be sure to write DO NOT BEND if it's something that can be ruined that way. Live and learn.
Wow that sucks.

Thank you guys for all your input I have started on the pikachu one. I promise I will post the pattern but I will post the whole thing as this was only a 96 x96 of the actual scene. It's a little closer to 150 x 150.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Current Projects:
Gifts
CP Quilt Squares

icedragonj
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by icedragonj »

I only discovered sprite stitch recently, so will not have enough time to make one for this year, but this project sounds amazing! and I would love to be involved next year. Is there any sign up sheet for next year yet? I would like to claim minecraft (if no one else already has) and get a head start before my inspiration fades =)
Thanks!

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

There will not be a sign up for next year until this year is completely finished and the quilts have been made and shipped off. Once that is done, I will make a sign up for next year.

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

Well my square is now in a bubble wrap padded envelope in the hands of my post office people! The guy who processed it said it should be to you in 3 to 4 days Tnitnetny.

La Ptite Bete
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by La Ptite Bete »

Myu wrote: And I'm really angry because when I ordered the 16ct count fabric, I double-checked, I even triple-checked that it was really 16ct and not 18ct. I still have the bill that says 16ct on it!
ImageImageImage
I'm so angry... I've got the same problem than you Myu... my square is even smaller than yours...
only 13 cm (5.1 in instead of 6)

I don't understand... I bought 16 ct aida :

6,4 pts/cm = 16,256 sts/in
but when I measure it, it's 18ct aida !
I thought it had shrunk while I washed it (cold water though !) ; but I checked with the rest of the remnant (dry, unused) and it is 18 ct too !!

screwed.

My blog
Current cross stitch projects :
None.

gamerwolff
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by gamerwolff »

That really really stinks. I would call them and tell them I wanted a refund.

Finally fixed my technical difficulties with my camera and you guys can finally get some pics!

Square 1: Epic Mickey
Epic Mickey-1.jpg
Epic Mickey-1.jpg (451.86 KiB) Viewed 3494 times
Square 2: Yoshi's Island
Yoshi's Island-2.jpg
Yoshi's Island-2.jpg (476.79 KiB) Viewed 3495 times
Square 3: Kirby Mass Attack
Kirby Mass Attack-3.jpg
Kirby Mass Attack-3.jpg (539.52 KiB) Viewed 3494 times
Square 4: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Kirby Super Star Ultra-4.jpg
Kirby Super Star Ultra-4.jpg (376.49 KiB) Viewed 3494 times
Square 5: Kingdom Hearts-Re-Coded
Kingdom Hearts-Re-Coded-5.jpg
Kingdom Hearts-Re-Coded-5.jpg (497.99 KiB) Viewed 3494 times
This is the square I'm not really happy with. In normal light it is very hard to distinguish the dark blues from the black. Thus to me it just looks like a blob with some squiggles and eyes...lol. However I'm going to send it anyway and let tnittnetny be the judge after it has been washed. I dunno maybe it lighten up hopefully. But I'm not going to hold my breath.
Last edited by gamerwolff on Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Current Projects:
Gifts
CP Quilt Squares