Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Stitching for Charity 2012

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges

Choose a fabric for this year's Child's Play Quilts!

Dark Yellow
16%
Green
31%
Light Blue
53%

Total votes: 58

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Stitching for Charity 2012

Post by tnitnetny »

I changed it a little. Our auction is Live!!

If anyone thinks I should change the description a little, let me know. We have a 10 day auction set up so it conicides with the busiest shopping days of the year.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1021583475

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Yay! Hope it makes lots :)

I like the description as it is, it's pretty much to the point and that's what's needed, I think. And buyers can always ask questions!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

katdun
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by katdun »

Looks good to me! Super excited to see how much it raises! :yahoo:
Current Projects:
Pen Pals!
Sprite Stitch Swap!
Learning to crochet!

kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by kuja.girl »

I would post the dimensions in inches. I personally I have no idea how large a typical "lap" quilt is.
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

Unfortunately I can't now. The quilt is in Maryland and I am up in Canada. Most people don't put the inches when selling quilts on line, but that is a good idea. Next time, I definitely will.

Oh and don't forget to promote this everyone!

Yurtle
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Yurtle »

The quilt can't be shipped to Canada? I just tried to bid on it but it won't let me because of shipping restrictions! Well, that pretty much restricts it from everyone I sent the link to! :(

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

Did you read the description? It said to contact me first before trying to bid if you are out of the county. If you are out of the US I can not pay for the shipping myself and would require the bider to pay for shipping. I can't put that into the description though.

I just can't afford to ship a quilt to a country that would cost me a lot of money and it doesn't allow me to just restrict certain countries. I will see if it will allow me to just add Canada.

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

I just tried to change it and now I remember why that was in there. Because it is a US charity with free shipping they will not allow me to set it up for bidding outside the US. If someone outside the US wants to bid, I may be able to place a bid for them? I don't know.

I asked the rep at Child's Play and she said there is no way around it unfortunately.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Best thing to do would be to have someone bid on your behalf Yurtle, and deal with the shipping charges privately with tnitnetny.
I am kind of disappointed that countries external to the US can't really get in on the bidding but I suppose with it being a charity listing it's understandable. I'd have a bid on it myself otherwise! :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Yurtle
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Yurtle »

Yeah, I was too excited to put in my bid to read the description! I read the part about the free shipping and I assumed that it would apply only to the US. I certainly don't have a problem paying to have it shipped. And since the husband works in video games, I had him pass around the link but I guess no one we sent it to would have been able to bid on it either. I was going to get friends to bid on it for me but they've gone awol for Thanksgiving. Oh well.