Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

MAY/JUNE Challenge - Video Game Quotes!

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: MAY/JUNE Challenge - Video Game Quotes!

Post by LucyInTheSky »

Here is mine! The quote's from Zelda 2, and I've always liked it since it's just so darn random. Was there an error in the game? Is his name error? Was it mistranslated? I teach Algebra and Geometry so I wanted to incorporate something math in it, and the first error I teach my young'uns (Alg) about is that if you divide by 0, the world blows up. I'm going to frame this and hang it up in the classroom. Thanks for looking!
Attachments
I Am Error 2.jpg
I Am Error 2.jpg (66.43 KiB) Viewed 4769 times
Check out my blog: GorramQuilts.com

Icelandic Hitman
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Icelandic Hitman »

Just finished my Entry. This is Kid from Chrono Cross with her opening line. The sprite its for Card Saga Battle.

I'm really happy with how the multi coloured thread came out on the text.
June Comp 2011_0001.jpg
June Comp 2011_0001.jpg (760.31 KiB) Viewed 4759 times
LucyInTheSky wrote:Here is mine! The quote's from Zelda 2, and I've always liked it since it's just so darn random. Was there an error in the game? Is his name error? Was it mistranslated? I teach Algebra and Geometry so I wanted to incorporate something math in it, and the first error I teach my young'uns (Alg) about is that if you divide by 0, the world blows up. I'm going to frame this and hang it up in the classroom. Thanks for looking!
This will be somebody was translating the game script and then put a place holder text of "I am Error" as a *fix me* on his line because it wasn't translated or was translated incorrectly. With the intention that it would be noticed and then fixed, which is clearly wasn't or maybe they ran out of room in the cart to add the correct line so just left it in. Given Error Desu is the Japanese for this, it makes sense.
Thread Tracker for iPhone/iPod touch/iPad: http://touchscreencraft.wordpress.com
Etsy items for sales and charts : http://www.etsy.com/shop/touchscreencraft
DA : http://oziphantom.deviantart.com/

LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by LucyInTheSky »

Icelandic Hitman wrote:
LucyInTheSky wrote:Here is mine! The quote's from Zelda 2, and I've always liked it since it's just so darn random. Was there an error in the game? Is his name error? Was it mistranslated? I teach Algebra and Geometry so I wanted to incorporate something math in it, and the first error I teach my young'uns (Alg) about is that if you divide by 0, the world blows up. I'm going to frame this and hang it up in the classroom. Thanks for looking!
This will be somebody was translating the game script and then put a place holder text of "I am Error" as a *fix me* on his line because it wasn't translated or was translated incorrectly. With the intention that it would be noticed and then fixed, which is clearly wasn't or maybe they ran out of room in the cart to add the correct line so just left it in. Given Error Desu is the Japanese for this, it makes sense.
I had always heard that his name was supposed to be Errol and since the Japanese have similar sounds for "R" and "L", that's how it happened. And plus, since later the guy says "Take this to Error", it always made me believe it was his name in a poor translation, rather than as a placeholder to fix later, like Blank from Final Fantasy (which became its own joke, but that's another story)
Check out my blog: GorramQuilts.com

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

Finished with my entry with a week to spare! I present Portal:

It is hard to see the quilting in pictures, so here is a close up of the detail work.

Lord Libidan
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Lord Libidan »

Here's my entry! It was going to be a lot bigger, but I forgot all about it, so had to cut it down... :(

jadely
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by jadely »

tnitnetny---
:clapping:
This is awesome!!!!!
"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on." -Robert Frost

Current Projects
Star Wars Alphabet book

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

Thanks! It took me 2 weeks to find the perfect fabric for the icing. I am really happy with how it turned out. I think I will use it at shows and conventions as an example of applique.

esthersmile
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by esthersmile »

First post, be gentle!

Here are a couple of projects I did recently. The portal one is of the finished bookmark, and the second is just the cross-stitch before I bookmarkised it. I got the patterns from random places, think the companion cube was from on here somewhere...

Hope you like!

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Here's mine! (Hope nobody minds me entering this challenge, lol!)
Spoiler
Definitely one for the Resi fans :grin:
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

LilliumRyn
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by LilliumRyn »

LOVE it BHM!! :D i wont be joining this one, i have the patches to be getting on with. i shall of course be voting though ^_^
Current Projects:
Link and Triforce Square = 56% complete.
Kanto Map = 60% complete.
Hetalia sprites for Xmas presents. Other projects will be put on hold until these are done. Shouldn't take long though. :3

Blessed Be
)O(