New Year, New Challenge - UFOs & WIPs!

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

New Year, New Challenge - UFOs & WIPs!

Post by blackmageheart »

Hey everybody!

So this is just a bit of fun to kick off our 2019 and hopefully keep that never ending promise that crafters inevitably make, otherwise known as "I WILL FINISH <X> THIS YEAR" :D

Any unfinished projects you have in your to-do pile are fair game, and it can be any craft you like! Doesn't even need to be game/geek related, although obviously that gets you more kudos!

The only things I will ask you for is a pic at the start of the challenge, and a pic at the end, so we can all see how well you did. But feel free to post as many updates as you like during the challenge. I'm going to run this until the end of March, so that's a little over 2 months of time to get stuff done!

LET THE CRAFTING BEGINNNNNNNNN!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: New Year, New Challenge - UFOs & WIPs!

Post by Moirae »

I want to wipe out most of my old WIPs this year (wishful thinking, much?), but here are the ones I'm working towards finishing by March.
We Do Geek by CrazzzyStitch
We Do Geek 1-18-2019.jpg
I Solemnly Swear I Am Up To No Good by Fiddlesticksau
I solemnly swear 1-18-2019.jpg
and a very old UFO that I pulled out last month. Just put another 200 stitches in last night, so I'm getting closer :clap: .
20190125_030713.jpg
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

crossstitchoverload
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by crossstitchoverload »

I want to finish this one.

Alice in Wonderland by MrsPeggottyArts
Attachments
50218139_236043243988325_5440974044735226024_n.jpg

Delver01
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Delver01 »

My unfinished work... the gaming last supper.
Last Supper.jpg
Last Supper.jpg (20.11 KiB) Viewed 34982 times

DevilAngelWolf27
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by DevilAngelWolf27 »

I actually haven't touched mine since my last update >.>
20190114_055516.jpg

somanytypesofsoup
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by somanytypesofsoup »

The plan is to work on this one! Probably not gonna finish in 2 months, but I'd like to get a good chunk done before starting a large horizon zero dawn project. I'm pumped!
Attachments
IMG_20190105_114607.jpg

FireKraken
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by FireKraken »

Everyone's projects look fantastic! I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone's progress through the challenge.
20190128_170756.jpg
This is the project I'm going to work on. It is the Thomas Kinkade Beauty and the Beast vignette. I love the image, but all of the quarter stitching is really tough on the aida provided in the kit (14 count aida). Wish I knew about 28 count fabric when I started it 3+ years ago. Hoping this challenge will encourage me to keep working on it and finish it up this year. I still have the lion king and fantasia kinkades to start.

blackberrybear
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by blackberrybear »

FireKraken wrote:Everyone's projects look fantastic! I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone's progress through the challenge.

20190128_170756.jpg
This is the project I'm going to work on. It is the Thomas Kinkade Beauty and the Beast vignette. I love the image, but all of the quarter stitching is really tough on the aida provided in the kit (14 count aida). Wish I knew about 28 count fabric when I started it 3+ years ago. Hoping this challenge will encourage me to keep working on it and finish it up this year. I still have the lion king and fantasia kinkades to start.
Use an embroidery needle instead of a tapestry needle. Sharper point will help with the quarter stitches.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

I am so excited to see your projects, and even more excited to see how much y'all get done! I'm going to have a rake through my UFO bucket (yeahhhhh, that's a thing) and choose a couple of items to work on!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

Here is my nephew’s birth gift... not too far away, but the snow is so boring :cry:

Hopefully I’ll finish soon! He turns 2 at the end of February, so that would be a great goal to finish around then.
D3B26466-709A-4512-B7CE-110A3DBDD4E8.jpeg