Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Sprite Stitch SAL - Summer 2017

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Sprite Stitch SAL - Summer 2017

Post by blackmageheart »

BadgerSensei wrote:I haven't been able to do anything for a while, and not doing anything has been bugging me, so I've decided to do two thread lengths a night for now. That shouldn't be too strenuous on my carpal tunnel. (i hope ><)
Take it easy, sensei :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

I'm sorryto hear that you are having carpal tunnel issues...that's never fun! Have you tried using craft gloves? That helps me! Good luck!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

SunkistShiek
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by SunkistShiek »

OMG!! I TOTALLY FORGOT! I'm so behind, but I just got a stash of fabric that I'll use for this. :D
WIP
Link's Sword (4/30); SAL Sampler; Adult Size Monster Pants (knitting)
ImageImageImage

SheWhoRoars
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by SheWhoRoars »

SunkistShiek wrote:OMG!! I TOTALLY FORGOT! I'm so behind, but I just got a stash of fabric that I'll use for this. :D
That is exactly why having stashes of everything is the best ;3

LinkIsMyHomeboy
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by LinkIsMyHomeboy »

Once we are finally done with kids rooms, which should hopefully be this weekend, I plan to start on this. I know I'm way behind, but I haven't had the time/motivation to do this bit of stitching at the moment.

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

SunkistShiek wrote:OMG!! I TOTALLY FORGOT! I'm so behind, but I just got a stash of fabric that I'll use for this. :D
LinkIsMyHomeboy wrote:Once we are finally done with kids rooms, which should hopefully be this weekend, I plan to start on this. I know I'm way behind, but I haven't had the time/motivation to do this bit of stitching at the moment.
Well, you'll be in good company. I haven't started the 2nd block yet and I think enough of us are behind that it's going to become the Autumn SAL soon enough.
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

paragonsoldier
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by paragonsoldier »

Moirae wrote:Well, you'll be in good company. I haven't started the 2nd block yet and I think enough of us are behind that it's going to become the Autumn SAL soon enough.
I'm really glad to hear this. I've been pumped to be a part of this, but I'll just be getting started on it tonight.

tyrannorus
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by tyrannorus »

You guys can do it! I am very excited to see all of your squares!

I just finished Magikarp, one more to go then I have to figure out borders
Spoiler
Magikarp Done SS.png

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

blackmageheart wrote:We'll be back here for the last section of the SAL on Sunday 3rd September
Make that Monday 4th! I've just spent 2 days in a field at an outdoor county fair type thing. I'm so tired!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Back again! :D

OK this last part is up to you guys. You may choose ANY design from the list (see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16281 for them all in one place) and use it for your last square! If there isn't a pattern of your chosen design available and you need one, just ask and it'll be done for you. :)

"But BMH, what do I do after I've stitched all four squares?"
Whatever you want! Add a border, some embellishments, beads, glitter, anything you like! Or nothing, if that's your thing as well :)

And finally...because this isn't a thing with a deadline, you have lots of time to get it all done. BUT...for anyone who is done by the end of Monday 16th October, there will be a sort of mini-judging contest. All you need to do is finish up and submit a photo here! There will be some cute prizes for the winners! So, this may give you an incentive to get finished :D