Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Sprite Stitch SAL - Summer 2017

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
SheWhoRoars
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Sprite Stitch SAL - Summer 2017

Post by SheWhoRoars »

Holy crap they're all so cute :choco I'm glad I got here in time, stitch alongs are the best

NMRaymond
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by NMRaymond »

Yay! So, I've never participated in a stitchalong here - thankfully I checked the forum to find that it's only just begun. I was wondering how much time we have on each square - is it a week from the posting of the pattern? I really want to participate and see it through til the end - I totally found out about the last one too late.
Current Projects:
Epic Pokemon Generation I
Game of Mushroom Kingdoms
"When Fandom Collides" Bag

Coming Soon:
Disney Mickey Villains
Wonder Woman Typography
...So Many More

One stitch at a time.

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

Gosh darn I love that pattern, and Stardew Valley itself too!!
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

BadgerSensei wrote:I'm trying to figure out how to space out the squares for a boarder and heading etc. and I have no idea how to go about that. I don't know if anyone has a boarder planned out already or anything, but if someone could give me some spacing tips that'd be great. :)
Spacing between designs really just depends on yourself - you might like to have the border go all the way around each design for example. In that case, you obviously just need to leave enough space for said border! And of course, that all depends on the border's style :D
I suggest marking out your stitching areas before you begin, either with thread or fabric pen/pencil :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

NMRaymond wrote:Yay! So, I've never participated in a stitchalong here - thankfully I checked the forum to find that it's only just begun. I was wondering how much time we have on each square - is it a week from the posting of the pattern? I really want to participate and see it through til the end - I totally found out about the last one too late.
I've set a window of two weeks until the next pattern is selected, but that doesn't mean you have to have this one done by then! If you can, that's great...but if not, that's fine! Please, just go at your own pace!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

mbiogirlumd
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by mbiogirlumd »

Oh good, because even though I love stitching I'm kinda sinking a lot of time into the FFXII HD remake right now so my crafting speed is slow at the moment!

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

mbiogirlumd wrote:Oh good, because even though I love stitching I'm kinda sinking a lot of time into the FFXII HD remake right now so my crafting speed is slow at the moment!
SAME :D

In fact, I've just turned it off to come and do some stitching before I go to bed! :D

Clarington
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Clarington »

Sadly, I don't think I'll have time for the stitch-a-long this year (I also still need to finish the one from two years ago!), but I absolutely love this pattern, so I may have to stitch it anyway. I can't wait to see everyone's SAL works come together. Good luck and have fun all!
I'm gettin' bloggy: http://craftscapades.com/

arkani
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by arkani »

Sooooo i've finished the first square. No pic yet since i'm lazy and I have a cat sitting on me, and the square lol. I think i'm gonna turn em into pocket wheat packs. :)
Working on:
Retro X & Y! - lost the pattern and fabric, but it's resurfaced :D ...and i've lost it again lol
Attempting Diamond Painting
Making like three crochet blankets at once #nolife
slowly amassing floss for the old-style Epic Pokemon

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Pyper »

Wheat pack is a great idea :) I was thinking of a traditional sampler, but perhaps I'll make a new project bag instead (I keep filling them with WIPS)
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/