Sprite Stitch SAL - Summer 2017

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
CitrusOda
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Sprite Stitch SAL - Summer 2017

Post by CitrusOda »

Clarington wrote:
blackmageheart wrote: And finally...because this isn't a thing with a deadline, you have lots of time to get it all done. BUT...for anyone who is done by the end of Monday 16th October, there will be a sort of mini-judging contest.
BMH gave the 16th as the deadline. Maybe you can use that as a good excuse to neglect all responsibilities and do nothing but stitch for the weekend! :D
:shock: Whoops! it seems like I remembered the wrong date... sometimes I end up doing that to try and get my self to finish on time, yay for being a procrastinator and you're right this does sound like a great excuse to ignore all my responsibilities :grin:
blackmageheart wrote:
Clarington wrote:BMH gave the 16th as the deadline. Maybe you can use that as a good excuse to neglect all responsibilities and do nothing but stitch for the weekend! :D
I did!
But....since 17th is my birthday, and my annual day of having feelings of benevolence and general goodwill ...I *may* have my appointed judge look at unfinished samplers too ;)
That's good to know :pika thanks for gracing us with your feelings of benevolence and general goodwill :grin: I'll be sure to post whatever I have done, annnnd I hope you have a stellar Birthday :yahoo:
"If we see the moon as they do, then why can we not see the Earth as they do? Hm..." ~ Meowth

Clarington
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Clarington »

And done! Yay!
SpriteStitch_SAL2017.JPG
I'm gettin' bloggy: http://craftscapades.com/

NMRaymond
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by NMRaymond »

Not done, but oh so close. I actually stopped yesterday because my arm started to ache a bit at the elbow. I just have to finish the portal cake! :grin: I wanted to make the portal one a bit unique - so I went with my favorite embroidery floss type = variegated! The blue is looking pretty spiffy!

I used my mom's iPad to take the picture for now - but I'll be taking a photo with my camera when it is fully completed.
IMG_0141.jpg
Current Projects:
Epic Pokemon Generation I
Game of Mushroom Kingdoms
"When Fandom Collides" Bag

Coming Soon:
Disney Mickey Villains
Wonder Woman Typography
...So Many More

One stitch at a time.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Happy birthday!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

tyrannorus
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by tyrannorus »

*Casually tucks the late assignment under the rest*
Spoiler
DONE ss.png
So happy that I got this done! I think it's my largest stitch to date and it makes me excited to do more. I definitely learned that they are much more manageable and I am more likely to stick with it if I divide it into smaller parts

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Love how it turned out!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Firehawke wrote:Happy birthday!
Thanks a lot! :D

Everyone's work looks so awesome. I'm so proud of you all!
My judge has gone to bed (it's kinda late here) so I'll have her look at the entries tomorrow. So that means anyone who wants to sneak in a photo before she sees can do so!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Pyper »

It's wonderful seeing all these finished samplers :)

Mine is still a work in progress at this point. I'm thinking of sewing the patches onto a canvas bag when its finished - one can never have too many WIP bags
Spoiler
IMG_20171019_172944.jpg
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Those will look great on a canvas bag!

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Apologies for the delay in the judging, things have been a little bit difficult as I'm not well again. We'll be examining all the sals at the weekend!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...