Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

NOV/DEC Challenge - Gaming Shakespeare!

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

NOV/DEC Challenge - Gaming Shakespeare!

Post by blackmageheart »

Ahahaha...a day later than planned but here we are! (Some unexpected snoozing happened.)

For our last challenge of the year, we are doing a mashup of sorts - video games and Shakespeare! There are so many different things that could be done with this, so I'm excited to see people's ideas!
Take a play scene and recreate it using sprites, make an image with a relevant Shakespeare quote, whatever you can think of! For example, I might have Peach on a balcony calling out for Mario...or a fairy queen or witches or a dude talking to a skull...I'm sure you get the idea. Likewise, if you know of a Shakespeare quote used in a game, something using that would be acceptable too!

As ever, all the crafts are welcome and you can submit as many entries as you like! Please get your submissions in by Dec 31st. GOOOOOOOOOO~ :wiz
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

princesspwn311
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Re: NOV/DEC Challenge - Gaming Shakespeare!

Post by princesspwn311 »

This is such a cool idea! I'm excited to let my imagination run wild and to see what everyone cooks up :)
Current Projects:

Link and Zelda Wedding Stitch
Servotron's Hyrule Map (so far, I have almost finished gridding the fabric :)

Aegidia
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Aegidia »

This seems an appropriate moment to make people aware of the best version of Hamlet ever made: Elcor Hamlet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIfx32iAjzU

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

I have an entry done!!! (SO excited to have the time to get one done!)

Quote from Macbeth, image from LoZ: Minish Cap
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Excellent job and great idea! :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks!!! I have plans for 2 more, and with the upcoming holidays, I think I will have time!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

I got another entry done!

Play: Hamlet
Game: Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen
Spoiler

Hrontajkpa
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Hrontajkpa »

Darn, I hoped this would be my first completed challenge. I came up with an idea, made some pixel art, and got the requisite thread, but some stuff came up, I won't be able to get around to it this time. However, I thought I might post my idea in case it inspires someone else.

It's not a traditional cross stitch pattern yet, but one pixel is equal to one cross stitch and the background color is irrelevant (the green is only so I can distinguish the white and light grey pixels from the background).

Anyway, it's an image of the male protagonist from "Zombies Ate My Neighbors" squirting a water gun at a flaming Spot (7up's mascot from "Cool Spot"). The text I would have stitched underneath: "Out damn'd spot! Out, I say!" :D

Sigh. Too many hobbies, too little time.
Attachments
OutDamnedSpot.png
OutDamnedSpot.png (3 KiB) Viewed 21124 times

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

What a neat idea!!! Any plans that you may go ahead and stitch it for stitchings sake???

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Hrontajkpa wrote:...the male protagonist from "Zombies Ate My Neighbors" squirting a water gun at a flaming Spot (7up's mascot from "Cool Spot"). The text I would have stitched underneath: "Out damn'd spot! Out, I say!" :D
I love this idea so much. If someone does use it, I'll make it a joint entry with you and that person :)