Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Stitching for Charity 2016/2017/18

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
FluffyBunnySlippers
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: Stitching for Charity 2016/2017/18

Post by FluffyBunnySlippers »

I actually worked on my square (from 2012) this past weekend! No new pic, but I did completely finish a color! I WILL get this square done! *nods* *is determined*
World's No. 1 Emotional Disaster

https://www.facebook.com/infinitestitchings/

CitrusOda
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by CitrusOda »

FluffyBunnySlippers wrote:I actually worked on my square (from 2012) this past weekend! No new pic, but I did completely finish a color! I WILL get this square done! *nods* *is determined*
You got this! :thumbsup:
"If we see the moon as they do, then why can we not see the Earth as they do? Hm..." ~ Meowth

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

You can do it!!!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Lalina
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Lalina »

FluffyBunnySlippers wrote:I actually worked on my square (from 2012) this past weekend! No new pic, but I did completely finish a color! I WILL get this square done! *nods* *is determined*
I am finally making some progress on the square that I started in 2016. I had originally proposed it in 2014 but I didn't actually like the patterns I had made for it until 2016. Maybe I will actually finish it one day.

Current Projects:
- Game of Thrones/Mario World Mash-up (cross-stitch)

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

It's looking great!!!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Awenmir
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Awenmir »

So my Joker square is completed (apologies for the wonky photography)... But I've somehow ended up with a piece that's smaller than it's supposed to be!! The pattern is definitely 96 by 96 and the fabric is definitely 16 count but the finished piece is about 3 stitches short of 6 inches horizontally and 4 stitches short vertically (which I've marked in pencil) :banghead:.

So... for the quilt. Is it more important that the piece be 6 inches square? Or that each square be 96 stitches by 96 stitches? Should I try to add a little extra on each side to make up the difference? So annoying after I thought I'd finished last night! And I'm a bit worried about any extra stitches producing noticeable 'lines' in the project.

In short, please help!
Attachments
DSC_0006.JPG

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Your square looks fantastic!

In answer to your question, they DO have to be 6 inches square, so you will have to add some stitches. Try to make it look like an exstension of the image itself (ie no borders...unless the original in-game image has borders).

It can be SO frustrating when that happens! I often have to add stitches...a)because sometimes I stitch a little too tight, and b)it turns out that aida is sometimes wonky. A lot of the pieces I get aren't 100% spot on the nose. I've even had a piece that was 16 count 1 direction...and 18 count the other (which is the reason why I do some aida premeasuring on all my squares now :P).

Hope this helps! And good luck with squaring off...it can be a little bit of a challenge, but a fun one, since you are SO CLOSE!!!

FireKraken
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by FireKraken »

Joker looks awesome! I might need to stitch him as well for fun to go along with the persona 5 logo. Best of luck with the additional stitches. You can do it!

Awenmir
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Awenmir »

Thanks for the advice and support :)! I've been able to add a couple more rows each side and it's a much better size now. Faster to fix than I thought it would be too! I'll send it off in the post later this week.
Attachments
_20180317_182358.JPG

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

Awenmir wrote:Thanks for the advice and support :)! I've been able to add a couple more rows each side and it's a much better size now. Faster to fix than I thought it would be too! I'll send it off in the post later this week.
It looks great and I'm glad you were able to fix the size problem without too much frustration. :)
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/